AC line Insulated

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
My CX7 was weak in the AC cooling and I improved it ~ 1-2 degrees (center vent outlet) by insulating the cold line into the Evaporator. My CX5 AC is much better than the CX7 but, I insulated it with 3/4 inch I.D. foam insulation this morning. The insulation I used was slit longways and had a cement edge protected by a plastic pull away film. Just something to do I guess since it is raining but, it may improve the efficiency a small amount. Ed

My CX7 was weak in the AC cooling and I improved it ~ 1-2 degrees (center vent outlet) by insulating the cold line into the Evaporator. My CX5 AC is much better than the CX7 but, I insulated it with 3/4 inch I.D. foam insulation this morning. The insulation I used was slit longways and had a cement edge protected by a plastic pull away film. Just something to do I guess since it is raining but, it may improve the efficiency a small amount. Ed

Do you have pics or can you tell us where line is located that you insulated? Curious about this.
Thanks

I did the same on a piece of the coolant line that run directly under the air intake. Created a noticeable hot spot on the intake. I have SRI but the same part of the oem intake runs over it too

The cold AC line is on top and can be checked by turning the AC compressor on. Sorry, I have no picture.

Back