Turn off SCBS, for good?

metalfab

:
2014 Ford Edge AWD LTD
Is there a way to turn off the SCBS system for good? I went through the Info button on the steering wheel and scrolled to the Menu then: SCBS > On/Off and selected Off. Yes, it stays off until you turn the car off then when you start up again SCBS is back on. Reason for the above, never had the feature before and I just don't like it.

No. There might be a way through the diagnostic computer done by the dealership. I'm surprised you have it engage enough to be even the slightest bit of an annoyance. And, yes, it is only supposed to stay off only until restart from that option menu -- the idea being anyone driving will be aware that safety feature is no longer engaged.

No. There might be a way through the diagnostic computer done by the dealership. I'm surprised you have it engage enough to be even the slightest bit of an annoyance. And, yes, it is only supposed to stay off only until restart from that option menu -- the idea being anyone driving will be aware that safety feature is no longer engaged.

When I drive in semi-manual mode I want to be in control; that might mean more RPMs on a hill or use the engine to brake (on today's small engines, yes, they can handle it) anyway, I still feel it kick in sometimes and it lightly jerks the car enough to make me not want the feature on. I'm the only driver so having it disabled is fine.

I don't think you're experiencing SCBS.

If it were to be activated (according to all the video demo's that I've seen), the car essentially slams on it's brakes with abs and everything. Nothing close to a "light jerk". You should also see a message displayed in your gauges saying that the SCBS has activated.

If it were to be activated (according to all the video demo's that I've seen), the car essentially slams on it's brakes with abs and everything. Nothing close to a "light jerk". You should also see a message displayed in your gauges saying that the SCBS has activated.

Yep.

I'm sure the UK cars cannot disable the scbs, I'm not sure why you would want to anyway, we also get lower insurance by having it.

I also thought it only operated at speeds under 19mph?

I've never seen a SCBS light come on. Maybe it doesn't show on the Canadian / US version?

I've never seen a SCBS light come on. Maybe it doesn't show on the Canadian / US version?
No, it does. I faked it out to see what would happen (using a gate arm at a security checkpoint.) All signs are pointing to you not experiencing the SCBS.

It's not a light. It'll be a message in the right gauge screen.

Can you describe more about what your sensation is? So far it's just light jerking when driving around in manual mode?

In the CX5's manual and automatic mode, the torque converter will mostly be locked up via the clutch pack in each gear, just like if you were driving a manual car. The only time the torque converter is not locked/used is when at a complete stop, starting off in 1st and at the beginning the initial shift to 2nd. Any time after that, on up shifts, downshifts or cruising, it's on the clutch pack and the torque converter is not used.

Due to the use of the clutch pack in shifting or holding gears, sometimes letting off the throttle or getting back on might produce some light jerking from engine braking.

On my 2021 the SCBS can be turned off using the "Settings" with the center consule knob. Unfortunatly evertime you restart the engine it restarts the SCBS system. :-((

Back