Proud owner of a new2014.5 CX-5 GT AWD with tech package

lwh1993

:
2005 Mazda Tribute AWD V6
Just picked up my new CX-5 today. Really great experience with Walser Mazda in the Twin Cities. I'm upgrading from a 2005 Tribute with V6 and it feels just as powerful, but with more pep. The quality is awesome and my wife is blown away. I just need to get used to the Tech and find some accessories for it. I'm thinking All weather floor mats, bumper guard, door sill guards, door edge protectors and the plastic hood protector. I might get the mud flaps as well.

Now to sell my tribute, but hoping for about $4500.

Good luck I sure you will love it, I've had my 2014 GT AWD for over a year now and still love it. I have added the bumper guard, mud flaps, weather tech floor mats, cargo cover and the cargo mat to mine.

Congrats! I also have the bumper guard and the door sill guards. On the sill guards, I recommend NOT using the template they supply. Just do it by eye and place it where you think it should go. The template has you placing the outside edge of the plate so far from the outside edge of the sill (where you are most likely to hit/scuff it) that it won't offer and real protection. Only regret that I have had with installing the accessories.

FWIW, last September I got $3800 hundred cash for my '02 Escape with 178k miles.

The dealer was offering $3500 for my tribute, but that's about KBB value for a trade in. I'll give it a week and the decide what I want to do.

I Will be getting the cargo tray, Aries/huskey all weather mats, bumper cover, door edge protection and the hood front protector. I may get the mud flaps later.

Make sure those All Weather Mats are custom to the car...nothing more dangerous than rubber mats sliding under the brake and gas pedals...

Chris_Top_Her - Have you bought from them? The prices do look good, I'm just wondering the quality.

Chris_Top_Her - Have you bought from them? The prices do look good, I'm just wondering the quality.

There are others who have on this forum and posted pictures.
I had some Chinese knockoff ones for my Mazda3.
I decided to buy the OEM ones for the CX-5. I like it better. It looks better. The knockoffs completely look different and the metal is very soft, easy to get dents and you can see in their photos that around the lettering it is already dented brand new.

Knockoffs:
$(KGrHqZ,!rIFF0LUFzzMBRlFVz4tow~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16ZHJHQE9nzEy8GmBQ1(Y7dPwQ~~60_3.JPG

REAL:
$(KGrHqZHJDoFHHiLcWjoBR1KfLrLWg~~60_57.JPG

Last edited:
Congrats on your new 2014.5 GT, should be a nice upgrade from Tribute.

You'll like the GT a lot, congrats! At the time I had the option of a CX-5 GT or a lower end CX-9, glad I got the former for all the bells & whistles plus gas savings.

As for the cargo tray, I skipped it and used 2 boot trays from a store at $10 each, they fit side by side perfectly and are well over an inch deep. I had them in the previous Mazda 5 as well. The one thing I didn't like about OEM was it made the 2 recessed spots at the rear much smaller. As they are they carry a 4L of milk ...or 4 large cans of Guinness perfectly ;-)

Last edited:
I order some Mud flaps off amazon today and my Aries custom fit mats should arrive this week. I'll go to Morries for a few items since their prices are really good.

There are others who have on this forum and posted pictures.
I had some Chinese knockoff ones for my Mazda3.
I decided to buy the OEM ones for the CX-5. I like it better. It looks better. The knockoffs completely look different and the metal is very soft, easy to get dents and you can see in their photos that around the lettering it is already dented brand new.

I beg to differ, it depends on what you get. My illuminated sills are good quality, cost less than half of what oem cost, I doubt they would get dented in regular use (over 1 yr and not dented
) and really, they are more for decoration than anything because no one is about to step on the sill to get in the car. Maybe if you have small kids but still.

Back