2014 Mazda CX-5 - Touring with Navigation

vishkyin

:
CX-5
Hi,

I am planning to buy 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring option.
I asked the dealer about adding Navigation to touring package. They said they can do it.

They are not adding Tech package but giving me navigation.

Not sure how they add it. SHould I take navigation via Tech package or other option that my dealer is giving.

Hi,

I am planning to buy 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring option.
I asked the dealer about adding Navigation to touring package. They said they can do it.

They are not adding Tech package but giving me navigation.

Not sure how they add it. SHould I take navigation via Tech package or other option that my dealer is giving.

It's definitely available to add as a separate option (you don't need the full Tech package). In fact, you can buy it and install it yourself - there's a thread on one of the forums here that details how to do it.

It's a separate add on. It's just a little box/module/card reader replacing coin hole on the driver side dash. Should be a simple installation I think. Cost like $400+ though.

I have a 2014 GT without the tech package and I regret it. The keyless entry is worth getting in my book.

I have a 2014 GT without the tech package and I regret it. The keyless entry is worth getting in my book.

Problem with tech package on touring model is that I have to get Moonroof/Bose package also.
Don't know why they have that dependency.

Problem with tech package on touring model is that I have to get Moonroof/Bose package also.
Don't know why they have that dependency.

how about just getting a garmin? i have one that has excellent voice recognition, a big screen and lifetime maps/traffic. cost about $125.

how about just getting a garmin? i have one that has excellent voice recognition, a big screen and lifetime maps/traffic. cost about $125.

Another option is to use free GPS apps like Google maps if you have a smartphone. There are other very good and inexpensive apps that allow you to download maps to do offline navigation. I have been using apps like google maps and Copilot and they have been very reliable, better than my old Garmin GPS and I wouldn't be surprise if they are better than the Tom Tom software in the CX-5.

Another option is to use free GPS apps like Google maps if you have a smartphone. There are other very good and inexpensive apps that allow you to download maps to do offline navigation. I have been using apps like google maps and Copilot and they have been very reliable, better than my old Garmin GPS and I wouldn't be surprise if they are better than the Tom Tom software in the CX-5.

not the best option. try talking on the phone and needing directions at the same time. doesn't work well. cell service is spotty, too, especially on longer distance drives. it's still a better option than the tom-tom.

not the best option. try talking on the phone and needing directions at the same time. doesn't work well. cell service is spotty, too, especially on longer distance drives. it's still a better option than the tom-tom.

There are apps out there for smartphones (including Garmin and TomTom) that allows you to download maps for offline navigation. I use Copilot and you download maps and POIs to your phone. You can take the sim card out and the app would still work like a regular gps.

If you plan on just getting a touring then adding the Navigation depends on your need for it.....my wife gets lost going leaving the house so we added it out of necessity for her. We ended up with a GT Tech for the sake of key less and Xenon's and a great deal on it all...got the tech for free. Does it work well? Kinda, we like all of the voice controls and the navigation does work well. I've always liked having everything put together by the same people who build the car in the first place. Hence no remote start because it wasn't on the car from the factory and I've heard nothing but problems with a dealer install.

If you plan on just getting a touring then adding the Navigation depends on your need for it.....my wife gets lost going leaving the house so we added it out of necessity for her. We ended up with a GT Tech for the sake of key less and Xenon's and a great deal on it all...got the tech for free. Does it work well? Kinda, we like all of the voice controls and the navigation does work well. I've always liked having everything put together by the same people who build the car in the first place. Hence no remote start because it wasn't on the car from the factory and I've heard nothing but problems with a dealer install.
Tech for free that's a pricey free option

Back