door autolock as you walk away

I own a 2013 cx-9 GT with remote start. I asked the dealer to reprogram the smart key when I closed all the doors with automatically locked. They said they dont have this issue. I said my 2011 cx-9 had this function.

Check your Owner's manual.
If it is in there somewhere, it can be done. Show it to the dealer.

I had my 2014 programmed to do this at the dealer shortly after purchase. It's a hit & miss feature though, to be honest. It works about 75% of the time, which tends to make me paranoid since I am always listening for that quiet beep as I walk away. It also seems to lock the car too quickly many times. It will give the first warning beep that it's about to lock about 1 second after closing the driver's door, then it locks the car sometimes before I can even make it to the trunk causing me to have to unlock again to open it.

To comment on what 911jason said:
1. if you put your smartkey next to your cell phone (same pocket for example), the key might not be visible to the car's sensors due to interference.
2. If you stick around the car, it won't lock until 30 seconds later and you make no attempt to unlock the car. Of course, if for some reasons the car's sensors cannot detect the smartkey on you, it thinks that you already left the car, it will lock in 3 seconds. This could happen, says if you put your smarkey together with your cell phone (e.g. same pocket)

Mine works 99% of the time since I never put my key and cell phone in the same pocket.
I had it activated since new. It has been working fine for me for 6 years.

I never have my keys and cellphone in the same pocket. Although I have also noticed that whenever my daughter drives the car, it is unlocked the next time I use it, so maybe she's putting the keys in her purse next to her phone. Still doesn't explain my issue though.

Back