AC Eco Mode

vhisky

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GTX
I always run my AC in Auto mode. The other day I happened to press the AC switch while the AC was running and I noticed that 'ECO' mode lit up in the AC display panel. Press the AC button again and the ECO mode is turned off. What actually happens when the AC is run in the ECO mode? (uhm)

Sounds like a "market-specific" feature not offered in US. What does it say about it in your owners' manual?

My 2013 Mazda3 had it and the CX-5 i've tested weeks ago also have it.

With "Eco Mode", (wich is auto-triggered and you haven't control on it), the AC system works at low load because the outside temp is nearly the t on the cabin.

For example, here in Santiago, spring or autumn temperature is aprox. 20-23 C outside. So, when you put the climate control in Auto at a similar t, the 'Eco' light appears.

But, when you're on full summertime, 32-34 C or even more and AC needs to operate at high loads, 'Eco' doesn't appear.

It reflects on MPG very high. In fact, the car does 1 or 2 MPG more on all seasons but summer, when the 'Eco mode' triggers.

Cheers.

Thanks to high import taxes, we have to lose features for the price to stay competitive. Meanwhile u.s. offerings of the same segment with less s*** costs the same amount. Look at the chevy equinox for example, jeep compass, dodge journey.. crapola and you may pay upwards ofr 30k for what is essentially a 3-5 year old car. Some cars like the ford escape can technically offer more and they come in around the same price. It's annoying.

In the UK we are the same as the op, option of eco, aircon or off. On the sport version anyway.

You'd have to be a huge sucker to pay 30k for a Dodge journey. The incentives on those things are ridiculous. Wouldn't surprise me to see somebody get 6 or 7k off sticker. Of course it is a terrible vehicle.

BTW, on Chile we haven't got Automatic Brakes, heated seats and TomTom.

But we have i-Stop on all models, change lane warning and auto high beams on deluxe editions. Also, the Boot sliding tray and the protection floors are inclued on all base models.

Cheers.

Back