Chromed OEM 19s

That would fit right in here in san Antonio. people throw chrome on everything. Bunch cars driving around with tacky chrome pillar accents, chrome "vents" everywhere (on the rear too lel), random chrome pieces.. I even saw a scion (the compact rollerskate looking one) with a funeral-esque landau on it lol. btw a landau is the elongated s looking thing you see on a hearse.

They were cool almost two decades ago. But if I were to choose between chrome and poorly done plasti-dip matte black; it would be chrome.

That would fit right in here in san Antonio. people throw chrome on everything. Bunch cars driving around with tacky chrome pillar accents, chrome "vents" everywhere (on the rear too lel), random chrome pieces.. I even saw a scion (the compact rollerskate looking one) with a funeral-esque landau on it lol. btw a landau is the elongated s looking thing you see on a hearse.
I'm sure a lot of the bling you're referring to is pretty disgusting, but keep in mind Chris, lots of people feel the same way about blacked out wheels and trim. To each his own.

IMHO, good taste goes a long way in automotive mod world. Chrome wheels have no place on CX-5, no matter what wheel diameter (the topic here I think). CX-5 is not an out of style Escalade or Hummer for example.

Selective use of blackout trim, wheels, tint can be done tastefully without creating an excessively murdered-out effect.

You've never heard the term "murdered out" before?

Anyway, I agree with those who think chrome is not attractive at all. One of the first things I do to my vehicles is get rid of most of the chrome by any means possible.

That being said, I also agree with 'to each their own'. You paid for it, you should enjoy it in any way that makes you happy.

Back