Premacy auto door won't latch tight

zeebee24

:
mazda premacy / 5
Hi All,
Hope this is the right place to ask this question.
I have a 2005 Premacy with auto sliding doors,I've just had a problem where the drivers side passenger door won't latch tight.
It will open and close fine using the auto feature but just won't latch tight.
I can see the motor trying to pull the door in, but it just doesn't have enough oomph for the final click.
I've read other people have the same problems but only in icy or really cold conditions which isn't the cause in my case.
I've also checked the rails for debris or anything that could be blocking it but can't seem to see anything.
Just wonder if anyone would know what the problem could be and maybe how i resolve it.

Many thanks.

zeebee

Try using a pressure sprayer to clean out the bottom rail. Change the door position, Half open exceta to get the entire rail area cleaned out. I do this every time I wash the car. And I have none of the door issues you read about on other forums. Even through our tough Alberta Canada Winter.

Thanks Donewood....checked and cleaned, I noticed a bit of grime on the roller and cleaned that but it didn't make any dif. :(
I'm not really willling to pay the dealer $120 just to take a look and then tell me its going to cost an arm and a leg to repair it......might have to use the manual option for now.
Cheers

Back