CX-5 is a year old this week

jb's2014CX5

:
Mazda CX5 GT AWD 2014
After one year of driving my CX-5 AWD GT (12,000) miles I have to say I'm very pleased with the overall performance of the car. It has not been back to the dealer except for it 7,500 mile checkup and has not had any problems the only downside is the IPOD resume problem and the heated seat are just ok they don't really get very warm.

My 2014.5 CX-5 GT seats get toasty on high setting, i use the middle setting so as not to burn my bum. Very cozy. Just had the car 1 month, I love it!

Last edited:
Great to hear!
My one year report was similarly as positive.
Will have a two year report in two weeks - 2 years and 32,000 miles. Been a great vehicle. A few gripes here and there, but nothing's perfect.

My CX-5 hits 2 years old and about 27K in March, I guess I should report then...

My 2014.5 CX-5 GT seats get toasty on high setting, i use the middle setting so as not to burn my bum. Very cozy. Just had the car 1 month, I love it!

You are aware that your seating temp is tied to your temp setting, so the seats will be warmer at 85 then a setting of 70 when seat settings are set on 'high'.

I did not know that thanks for the info

Our GT turned 1 on 2/2, brought her in for 2nd oil change on 2/1 with 10,004 miles on the ODO.
Talk about perfect timing.

Last edited:

You are aware that your seating temp is tied to your temp setting, so the seats will be warmer at 85 then a setting of 70 when seat settings are set on 'high'.

I've never heard this, and I also can't find anything in the manual to substantiate it.

Now whats the proper setting to get the seats to get toasty? Sometimes its nice to get in the car and just crank those babies up, however I haven't been able to find the sweet spot.

2-8 mentions a temperature control thermostat but not the settings for low, med or high...nor if can be controlled. That said, mine get toasty pretty quick as well, and they are leather seats which take longer usually. Mine are getting warm usually a couple minutes in the drive. I've only had my cx5 one day, but I've been all about the seat warmers with it being 20deg out!

2013 CX-5 manual page 2-7 says: (settings are essentially only low, medium, high and are thermostatically controlled)

"The temperature of the seat warmer cannot
be adjusted beyond High, Mid and Low
because the seat warmer is controlled by a
thermostat."

Mine also turns 1 yo this week. Can't wait for this freakin' winter to be over to give it a proper bath!

Give her a nice wash for her birthday, still looks good after a year no major dings or scratches yet hope it stays that way for a long time

1 Year 7 mo. Just recently changed atf/front transfer case and rear diff oil.

Back