Updated CX-5 Model (2014) for UK

Maybe this http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and-reviews/car-news/2014_mazda_cx_5_update_new_car_sales_price_20131112

The popular Mazda CX-5 SUV has been given improved ride and handling characteristics with updated dampers, bushes and stabilisers, kitted it out with some new features -- including extra safety tech -- plus a few fresh colours.

The mid-spec CX-5 Maxx Sport scores a Safety Pack option comprising auto-dimming rearview mirror, blind spot monitoring and the 'city braking' system that can automatically bring you to a complete stop at speeds up to 30km/h.

The top-spec Akera model now gets the system as a standard feature, plus (along with Grand Touring models) six-way memory setting for both front seats.

I wonder if the difference is noticeable, or the handling.
The ride does border on being hard on 19" wheels, and the car can understeer a little, but I'm happy wIth both.
Thanks for the link.

Similar article with more detail.

Revised Mazda CX-5 SUV is quieter and adds more standard equipment

The excellent Mazda CX-5 has been fine-tuned for 2014 to make it quieter inside and better value than ever before. The company has also add extra equipment across the range, although prices remain largely unchanged.

Revised suspension makes Mazda CX-5 more comfortable on bumpy roads, while noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) is also reduced. The latter means the interior should be quieter than in the existing model, even at motorway speeds.

A handy clutch-restart system is now fitted on models with manual gearboxes. It restarts the engine up to three seconds after a stall, when the driver depresses the clutch. The old system required the engine start/stop button to be pressed, while also engaging the clutch.

Mazda CX-5 SE-L, Lux and Sport models now get six-way electrically adjustable driver and passenger seats, which also include a memory function. Full black leather seats are now standard-fit, and Light Stone leather (as featured on the all-new Mazda3 and Mazda6) is a 200 option. Additional cosmetic changes include two new paint finishes – Blue Reflex Mica (pictured here) and Deep Crystal Blue Mica.

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/138791/mazda-cx-5-updated-for-2014

I'm curious about the 'revised... more comfortable' suspension. It makes you wonder if this comfort comes at the price of the tight handling and responsiveness which I appreciate in the vehicle and which such changes often mean. This is not a trade-off which I think I would welcome, if it is the case.

However, I really would appreciate the memory function in the driver's seat; as well as, several of the other goodies the non-north american models seem to enjoy (ie. power folding side view mirrors).

Interesting to see how these magazines sometimes get it wrong! This is the second article where they state leather is now standard fit on the CX5. Maybe somebody should tell Mazda UK since their website clearly indicates this is not the case on the SE-L model. It does reflect leather seats on the Lux model and above and also refers to the memory seats for both driver and passenger sides and so does seem to have been updated to reflect the 2014 model changes.

From our perspective, and having had leather seats on my last 4 cars, we specifically did not want leather on this particular car which was one of the factors that steered us towards the SE-L model. We actually found the cloth seats more comfortable (although that is obviously a matter of personal opinion).

It is also a key differentiator between models and would surely undermine the SE-L Lux model since there are not that many other differences.

So does anyone know if these details are of the 2014.5 UK Model or the 2015?

Based upon past experience with Mazda I would believe these to be the details for all CX5s that will be supplied through the rest of this year.

Back