Quick Compao SUBARU 2.5i Forester Touring with Upgrade to Mazda CX-5 GT with Tech

giegerichf

:
CX-5 GT
Strongly considering a GT with Tech Package, decided to check out the Subaru Forester 2.5 I Touring with their best upgrade package.
No question the Subie has the best AWD system!!!
No question the new Subies have a better sound system!
No question the sunroof in the new Subies is just huge (read awesome)!
The new Subies may have a little (read inch or less) interior passenger room than the CX-5.
No question the new Subies with mostly comparable tech systems will cost more than the GT w/Tech.
No question the new Subies DO NOT have the lane change warning system, and may not have it for the 2015 model year.
The CX-5 appears to have more usable cargo area w/o the rear seats being folded.
The Subie 2.5 Touring dash is UGLY!!

Comment: If I needed incredible AWD (have owned 2 subies previously), and didn't spend much time driving on the highway (where the lane change warning system really helps), incredible sound and could put up with the ugly dash - I would buy the Subie hands down! Otherwise - No question the CX-5!

Last edited:
Subaru makes nice cars - I used to own an outback- with a manual transmission it has the best AWD system out there. I almost bought another one but had a hard time sourcing a manual. The inside was ugly and cheap feeling as compared to the Mazda and the automatic versions were much worse than the Mazda. But otherwise a great car. I don't think you could go wrong with either car.

This has been discussed to death here.

I am sure the Cherokee has a superior 4x4 system, including low range, locking differential and more ground clearance.

i've owned 3 subaru wrx, sti and a 2014 forester and now a Mazda, first of all subaru first pririoty is functionality and then other things, I went from the 2014 forester xt to cx5 bcuz where im at( Las Vegas) awd is not required and i wanted to try out Mazda. Imo the Forester is such a capable car and it can tackle anything and the power is awesome but the mpg not so much and thats why i had to ditch it too. So far my cx5 has a better interior and handles a little better. overall i like the cx5 right now since it fits my needs but i will definitely going to purchase another subi in the future

depends on your needs. If AWD is important, I think the Subaru probably has the edge. I looked long and hard at the Forester and was close to buying one. I think the cheapness of the interior is a real drag, and the front seats are not very comfortable. Very different from the CX-5 seats, which have a lot of contour and hug your body. The Forester's seats are flat, without much padding. Lots of complaints about road trips. I will say the visibility in the Forester is amazing, and I love that panoramic sunroof too. I really can't see how you would need the blind-spot monitoring system in the Subaru.

Back