2015 CX-5 been announced yet?

:
2014.5 2.5L Touring /w bose
Threads indicate the 2015 CX-5 should be announced any day and
perhaps on sale by end of February, but I haven't found much on internet yet.

If you hear or see anything on 2015 CX-5 features please post here!

I found two dealers taking orders on 2015 CX-5 on internet.
Found one video on youtube on 2015 CX-5 that is 2 weeks old, but its in german.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD51YdVU7Kw

To me, that looks like a 2014 model.

Only thing I noticed was the Mazda3 infotainment knob selector
where the cup holders usually are. However, I couldn't figure out
if it actually had the Mazda3 infotainment screen.
Wish I understood german.

I hope US 2015 CX-5 has the Mazda3 infotainment system as base radio.

Last edited:
The control knob has been in certain markets since the 2013s. You can't use that as a reference.

I have been waiting on more information what I have read but not knowing what to believe is the interior will be similar to the current Mazda3 and may have memory function for the driver’s seat and six-way electric adjustment for the front passenger seat. Not sure what will be new because some of the items have already been updated like the shifter. I read an Australian article saying the suspension has been upgraded but not sure if this has already been done here. So I will have to wait.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/259469/mazda-cx-5-gets-suspension-safety-upgrades/

Below link is the best one I've found yet describing 2015 changes due in February. I took liberty to snip some bits. See link for full text.
http://www.newgencars.com/2015-mazda-cx-5/

2015 Mazda CX-5 Design
Aside from getting a mildly revised front fascia, the exterior design of the new 2015 CX-5 will come mostly unchanged. But there will be some design updates in the interior. After the redesign, the revised interior will look more like that of the 2014 Mazda3.

Other features expected include a new center stack design, new gauges, instrument clusters, materials, new seating surfaces and a version of the connectivity and infotainment system we saw in the upcoming Mazda3.

One of the new safety systems we expect is the Dynamic Stability Control system.

Based on the new features expected, we are convinced that the 2015 Mazda CX-5 model will be a bit pricier.

Last edited:
If the standard features increase it would be worth paying the extra. This is probably the most competitive segment so there should be some discounting, hopefully.

Well, that sentence right there debunked the article for me. DSC has been standard since day 1 of the CX-5, and been incorporated in most every Mazda since 2007-2008....

Then they say:

"Verdict
Here you have it, my 2014 vs 2015 CX-5 review"

What review actually took place of the 2015 CX-5?

Just did a search on autotrader.com for 2015 CX-5. There are 35 for sale all around the country, but none have pictures yet. Gotta come out soon if these dealers are putting up ads.

Just did a search on autotrader.com for 2015 CX-5. There are 35 for sale all around the country, but none have pictures yet. Gotta come out soon if these dealers are putting up ads.

I've tried contacting a few of the dealers that listed 2015 CX-5 but they all said they didn't think they were coming until the end of 2014. I think that's probably BS considering they are already being listed on several dealer websites.

They will say that, because they want you to buy the one on there lot.

Exactly.

I finally got a dealer to be honest with me about the 2015 CX-5. They said they've ordered them and they'll arrive last week of February or first week of March. They're already taking deposits on them. They didn't know for sure what the changes were but did say no changes to body or drive train/engine.

Exactly.

I finally got a dealer to be honest with me about the 2015 CX-5. They said they've ordered them and they'll arrive last week of February or first week of March. They're already taking deposits on them. They didn't know for sure what the changes were but did say no changes to body or drive train/engine.

Ask them if infotainment will be same as Mazda3.
I'd preorder one if that were true.

So when is the new CX 5 actually going to hit the lots ? I see them listed on the fuel economy website but nothing on KBB or the Mazda site. I did test drive the 14 and liked everything but the nav system so was hoping the 15 had an updated version. Also going to test the Rogue but not a lot of hope as the CRV, Rav, and Encore were all pretty poor in my opinion as a comparison - thanks

Back