2014.5 CX-5 features and how to identify?

:
2014.5 2.5L Touring /w bose
Anyone know how to identify if CX-5 is 2014.5?

What new features are on 2014.5?

Has the hood/mirror shake been fixed in 2014.5?

If the shifter is not gated, it's 2014.5+
Found a pic of non-gated shifter on another thread I posted below.
Kind of strange to have a leather boot on an automatic.
attachment.php

Also the Hood/mirror shake TSB was updated for ANY CX-5 made BEFORE September 2013. So yes, it more than likely has been fixed.

My CX5 production date was 11/13. What would that make it? And my shifter does not have a leather boot.

Those suspension mods may just be for the aussie market.

Hopefully, the sway bars are thicker and it would be a straight swap for us with the "old" CX5s.

Only change to the sport from that list is the LED day time running lights, nav is still shown as a 5.8" tom tom.

Only change to the sport from that list is the LED day time running lights, nav is still shown as a 5.8" tom tom.

And passenger electric seat, drivers memory seat, red stitching on steering wheel, handbrake and gearknob, alloy wheel colour change suspension and damper retune, clutch engine restart!

Apologies, I only saw the one PDF, not the other.

Yes I would have liked the electric pass seat, but the memory seats we don't need as we drive with the same seat settings, still useful to have.
I don't have a problem with the ride and handling so would be interested in a test drivers view on the mods.

I don't really notice the red stitching or lack of it to be honest.

Can someone explain the clutch restart mod, hows that going to work?

Apart from the Led lights, I would have liked to see a larger nav screen, and a different supplier for the maps.

Last edited:

Yes I would have liked the electric pass seat, but the memory seats we don't need as we drive with the same seat settings, still useful to have.
I don't have a problem with the ride and handling so would be interested in a test drivers view on the mods.

Apart from the Led lights, I would have liked to see a larger nav screen, and a different supplier for the maps.

No probs :)

Re the clutch start, if you stall the engine, a press of the clutch will restart it rather than having to press the starter button...

Do you all find it odd that the staff at a Mazda dealer did not know of any mid-year modifications to the CX-5? I brought this up today and they had no clue.

I suppose its good sales policy not to mention a update is due if you have a couple of "old" models in the showroom?

They don't usually have a problem giving dates for a price increase, as that's good for pushing sales before the increase.

Anyone got any idea if the LED DRL's are part of the actual headlight or just the ones you can buy as an added extra that are located in the bumper?

I suppose its good sales policy not to mention a update is due if you have a couple of "old" models in the showroom?

They don't usually have a problem giving dates for a price increase, as that's good for pushing sales before the increase.

Not even when you specifically ask about the model change and explain to them what the differences are? I told the salesman and sales manager that if I was buying, I wanted the 2014.5. They swore I was reading bunk sources.

Back