front license plate relocation

Kspeed

:
2014 mazda cx-5 GT awd
Has anyone ever thought of using the tow hook mount to relocate the front license plate? I know a few companies have them for other mazdas like the 2,3,speed3and the old and new mazda6. I have yet to see a cx-5 with one. Anyone have pics of one mounted?
I found this company has a kit for our cx-5 http://www.rhoplate.com/Products-Mazda.html
But I wont get it if it looks out of place in its mounting location. Any pics would be appreciated!

What would be the point of relocating the plate 14" to the right of its normal position? If you can't run without a plate (in 50 years of driving in Calif. I have never used a front plate and have never been hassled by the law) then just live with the factory prescribed position. It's not like it's restricting airflow or anything. It just looks like s&*t.

The point of relocating is because where I live cops are dicks about front plate display and if you have a turbo speed6 motor with a fmic in a cx-5 the plate will be blocking all of the airflow to the intercooler. This build of mine has been taking up all my winter time and Its in the tuning stage now, so you know why I need the plate moved out of the way.
AWD turbo cx-5 zoom zoom

Um, Isn't a AWD turbo Mazda CUV called the Cx-7. A tune and a speed6 tranny swap would accomplish your goals much cheaper, faster, easier. It's the same engine as a speed3,6 and I'd bet the awd system is better suited for performance than the Cx5s front biased system. Yes a Cx5 is lighter and better looking but still.

Regarding your relocation, buy the bracket and check out the offset. Pretty easy and not permanent and nothing compared to the rest of the build you're planning.

The point of relocating is because where I live cops are dicks about front plate display and if you have a turbo speed6 motor with a fmic in a cx-5 the plate will be blocking all of the airflow to the intercooler. This build of mine has been taking up all my winter time and Its in the tuning stage now, so you know why I need the plate moved out of the way.
AWD turbo cx-5 zoom zoom

What...

Latest posts

Back