New member - introduction and questions

Blackfield

:
Mazda 3
(hi),

Just want to drop a quick note and say hi as a new forum member.

We are a Mazda 3 hatchback owner, bought two years ago.
No issue so far and we have been very happy with its gas mileage and handling.

We are thinking to get CX5 2.5L 2015 later this year. Still undecided whether to get Touring vs. GT, will wait until further detail is available for 2015 model.

The number one criteria when I am looking for a car is how good the car handling. Driver's car.
I still need to test drive it but based from what I read, it sounds like CX-5 could be the ideal CUV for us.

We have several questions, so please bear with us:

1. From what I read, it looks like the hood issue should be fixed for later production car. Are there other common issues that have not been addressed with TSB yet?

2. We are going to start a family in the near future. Does the rear passenger seat behind the driver seat have enough space for rear facing child seat? I am 5' 11", my wife is shorter.

3. I read in the sticky that many people (from many states in the US) got their CX-5 below invoice price but could not seem to find anyone from TX. We are in Austin, TX and all of the Mazda dealerships around here are owned by the same owner, so no competition. Curious if there are Texan forum members that could share with us their purchase experience and the price they paid.

4. This is unclear to me. Does CX-5 front seats have a memory seat feature for us to store multiple seat positions?

Thanks in advance.

My child seat, it's placed in the middle of the rear seat, for safety reasons. Mine is a five year old, so no rear facing experience, but in my opinion, it should fit. I'm 5' 10".
No memory seat on 2014, you will have to see if the 2015 will have it.

1. Hood issue applies for any CX-5 produced Sep 14 2013 and earlier. (TSB was updated 12-10-2013)
4. So far no.

My wife is 5' 11", I'm 6' 4". We had a rear facing baby seat behind her for 9 months. The passenger seat could not be set completely to the back, but she was comfortable. We now have a larger, rear facing convertable seat in the middle. We are still both comfortable.

Your number 3 made me OMG. :) I'm in Cedar Park and it's crazy there are like 4 Mazda dealerships all owned by Beasley. I didn't want to mess going to San Antonio or Houston, though. I feel the dealership in Georgetown treated me fair.

Your number 3 made me OMG. :) I'm in Cedar Park and it's crazy there are like 4 Mazda dealerships all owned by Beasley. I didn't want to mess going to San Antonio or Houston, though. I feel the dealership in Georgetown treated me fair.

Hi Steel Magnolia,

Do you mind sharing your GT FWD purchase price from Mazda Georgetown?

Note: never mind, I saw your reply on your thread, :). It sounds like there is only very little wiggle room.

Last edited:
Having a rear facing child seat will be somewhat tight. We currently have one installed behind the passenger seat and the seat is tilted forward.

Hi Steel Magnolia,

Do you mind sharing your GT FWD purchase price from Mazda Georgetown?

Note: never mind, I saw your reply on your thread, :). It sounds like there is only very little wiggle room.

They sure didn't seem desperate to sell the vehicle, lol. I paid about $800 below MSRP so it was better than nothing. And I really am smitten with my new ride so all is good! Good luck with your endeavor!!

Back