No more Blue Sky Mica color for CX-5 in USA?

Folks, tell me that this is not true. I was going to get a blue sky mica 2014 CX-5 and can't not find any in my area, they have a new lame/boring blue instead.

And if they discountinued the color, why the crap do they still have the color available in the Mazda USA website? Sighh (sadbanana)

Thanks.

Maybe they are just sold out in your area? I wasn't aware the they had a CX5 BS Mica color. I personally think Mazda CX5 has a pretty lame set of colors to choose from compared to the competition. ed

There may be a few of the 2014s in BSM left on lots. The color was dc'd for 2014.5 (non-gated shifter).

I saw in other blocks people reporting that Mazda retired that color for the CX-5 and replaced it with the reflex blue mica

Check here for one of those posts:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...a-No-more-Sky-Blue-Mica-Reflex-Mica-instead-(

This is the new blue available at dealers (the also have the very dark blue):

http://www.leejohnsonmazda.com/auto/new-2014-mazda-cx5-awd_grand_touring/1076097/

I have been trying to decide what color to get for months, I finally got two finalists: red soul and sky blue. Decided on the sky blue, so I guess red soul is my only option, I hope they don't retire it. Sky blue and soul red are basically same thing (intensity of color) just different colors, I preferred the blue, however, the red is pretty awesome.

I saw in other forums people reporting that Mazda retired that color for the CX-5 and replaced it with the reflex blue mica

Check here for one of those posts:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...a-No-more-Sky-Blue-Mica-Reflex-Mica-instead-(

This is the new blue available at dealers (the also have the very dark blue: stormy blue mica):

http://www.leejohnsonmazda.com/auto/new-2014-mazda-cx5-awd_grand_touring/1076097/

I have been trying to decide what color to get for months, I finally got two finalists: red soul and sky blue. Decided on the sky blue, so I guess red soul is my only option, I hope they don't retire it. Sky blue and soul red are basically same thing (intensity of color) just different colors, I preferred the blue, however, the red is pretty awesome.

I personally think Mazda CX5 has a pretty lame set of colors to choose from compared to the competition. ed
I agree, but if you think Mazda's color palette is lame, go check out Infiniti. So here's a $65k SUV offering (Q80) with a choice of 6 colors: Moonlight White; Liquid Platinum; Platinum Graphite; Smokey Quartz; Black Obsidian and TA-DAH! Dark Currant. Hey; it's what the customer wants! Honest to God; someone should do a psychological study on American automotive color tastes in the 21st century. There's something deeply disturbing about all this!

Last edited:
I bought a Sky Blue Mica 2014 CX5 the end of November, the dealer did find one at another dealer. I guess I was lucky. I had to buy the Touring CX5 to get the color.

Maybe it is because I have started seeing similar colors from other manufacturers. Having said that I still really like my Sky Blue Mica CX5. It is one of those rare colors that looks good in sunlight, on cloudy days, and at night under lights. It even holds dirt pretty well, in the sense that it doesn't really look that dirty until you get up close to it, unlike black for instance.

It even holds dirt pretty well, in the sense that it doesn't really look that dirty until you get up close to it, unlike black for instance.

My salt crusted Sky Blue looks dirty from just about any distance... And I washed it a week ago! Still, I just love the color. Loved the soul red also, but was not willing to pay the 300$ extra for it.

Last edited:
I agree, but if you think Mazda's color palette is lame, go check out Infiniti. So here's a $65k SUV offering (Q80) with a choice of 6 colors: Moonlight White; Liquid Platinum; Platinum Graphite; Smokey Quartz; Black Obsidian and TA-DAH! Dark Currant. Hey; it's what the customer wants! Honest to God; someone should do a psychological study on American automotive color tastes in the 21st century. There's something deeply disturbing about all this!

Look around the next time driving on the freeway. It seems a large majority of the cars are somewhere between white and black. It seems the whole industry has gotten boring!

Look around the next time driving on the freeway. It seems a large majority of the cars are somewhere between white and black. It seems the whole industry has gotten boring!

I read somewhere that bright colours on cars are frowned on during tough economic times. At a time of austerity being flashy is poo-pooed. but you can only buy the colours that are available. maybe the auto-makers need to take a few anti-depressants.

I'm planning to install some checkered flag graphics at the bottom of the door(picked it up from the bay.uk for my ex VW Golf V). I'm also planning to get some bigger wheels which I will powder coat in red. Red with blue, works well.

Ok u got me there...lol...but at least u guys don't pay r fuel cost...so America models don't do manual at all,can u import?

Ok u got me there...lol...but at least u guys don't pay r fuel cost...so America models don't do manual at all,can u import?

We can get a manual on the base model (2.0L gas) only. To add insult to injury, the base model, when equipped with a manual is only available in three colors (black/grey/silver) and no option for seat cover or audio upgrades.

I am not sure about the import option. I suspect not due to the EPA and other government regulation. If so, I suspect it would be cost-prohibitive.

Back