2014 Color Question

mentalcase

:
Meteor Gray 2014 Touring CX-5
Hey everyone! I'm thinking about coming back to the Mazda family after trading in my 2007 sTouring 3 Hatch. (see below for pic)

I loved that car, but traded it in for an SUV as I felt I needed a more mature car. Long story short I traded that in for a luxury sedan and now I'd like to get a little more economical and practical and the CX-5 fits the bill.

I really loved the lighter blue color as seen on the 2013s. What is up with the 2014 model year? Did Mazda get rid of that shade? All I see is Reflex Blue Mica and I'm definitely not a fan.

Also, I purchased my 3 on S-Plan and was able to get another pin from Mazda. Are the deals still decent with S-plan or am I worth haggling my self (I'm also a costco member).

Thanks in advance.

I really loved this car. Wish I would have never gotten rid of it.

The 2014 CX-5 shouldn't come with RBM. The only blues are Sky Blue Mica and Stormy Blue Mica.

The dealers in my area have a ton of them apparently. When I search through mazdausa 6 pages of reflex blue come up and only 3 vehicles of sky blue.

I have 2014 CX-5 which is Reflex Blue Mica. This could be part of the 2014.5 changes.

Actually you're right, it does come in RBM! Weird since they removed RBM for 2014 on the site. Though Sky and Stormy should be avail as well.

Last edited:
Crap. I'm terribly bummed.

Looks like I'm waiting around for a use sky blue to pop up.

Sky blue mica and Stormy blue mica have been discontinued for the "2014.5" refresh. Instead, the 2014.5 comes in blue reflex mica and deep crystal blue mica. I have both the 2014 and "2014.5" brochures that confirm this change. I looked everywhere for a stormy blue GT but they were nowhere to be found, and bought a deep crystal blue GT instead. The deep crystal blue is similar but not the same as the stormy blue (both are dark blue but deep crystal is less "purpley" to my eyes). The reflex blue is nothing like the sky blue - I don't understand why Mazda discontinued sky blue but still has CX-5 with that color all over the website.

You can find a some sports and tourings out there in the sky and stormy blues, but few if any GTs. And, they will be the "leftover" 2014s and not the newer 2014.5 (only real difference is the gated shifter in the 2014 vs. the straight leather-like boot shifter in the 2014.5).

Yep, that's correct, no more sky blue mica. That's the one I wanted but none of the dealers have them in my area, the reflex blue is super lame, can't believe they discontinued one of their best colors! At least we still have red soul.

I'm happy I picked up a Sky Blue back in September. It is, in my opinion, the best blue color available on the market.

I used to tell to the sales person at the dealership, when I went for test driving, what's up with all these boring colors, where are the fun colors? Even Subaru(next door dealer) had orange car on there lot and they are not claiming that there vehicles are fun to drive.

I used to tell to the sales person at the dealership, when I went for test driving, what's up with all these boring colors, where are the fun colors? Even Subaru(next door dealer) had orange car on there lot and they are not claiming that there vehicles are fun to drive.

gotta agree with you a few colours that the mazda 2 was available in wouldn't have been bad.

I'm totally bummed to see Mazda dropped sky blue from the 2014.5s. It just solidifies my decision to wait for a used 2014 touring to pop up in my area.

Either that or I'm going to be test driving the Santa Fe Sport.

I have a Sky Blue.

When I leave someone and head to a parking lot and start scanning for my car, my Sky Blue CX-5 almost jumps out in a sea of otherwise boring grey, silver, dark red, blue and green. I thought maybe this was a USA thing: that something about the mood of our country was currently into safe and conservative colors, but I've since seen reports this is a trend all over the planet. Fashion changes.

Don't get me wrong, when I see a single CX-5 in another color, it catches my eyes and I'm attracted to it. It's the fact that so many people aren't looking for something different.

Out here in Colorado Subaru's sell really well and then Crosstrek XV (a raised Imprezza station wagon with snazzy wheels) is selling really whell. They sell an Orange which I admire them for offering. The orange color and eye catching wheels make the car look like a big fun toy.

Back