Lack of aftermarket options

Snacks

Contributor
:
CX-5 AWD GT
The lack of aftermarket option for the cx5 in the US is frustrating especially when you see so much for the 3 and 6. I know there is tons of options in japan and Europe but still, shipping and availability is crazy.

I hope the it is just because the cx5 is so new but please aftermarket companies get it going!

The CX 5 is not really new anymore, production started in 2012. I think the lack of aftermarket support is just because its a CUV. Not many people buy CUV's to modify them. I actually bought my CX so I couldn't modify it severely since my wife was getting upset with how much I was changing on my VW. Just use it as an excuse to get a project/weekend car.

SmurfaceWarfare;I actually bough6248324 said:
The CX 5 is not really new anymore, production started in 2012. I think the lack of aftermarket support is just because its a CUV. Not many people buy CUV's to modify them.

I don't know, the Escape has enjoyed quite a bit of aftermarket support over the years.

The CX 5 is not really new anymore, production started in 2012. I think the lack of aftermarket support is just because its a CUV. Not many people buy CUV's to modify them. I actually bought my CX so I couldn't modify it severely since my wife was getting upset with how much I was changing on my VW. Just use it as an excuse to get a project/weekend car.

I was making an excuse for mazda lol, I know its not super new.

Yeah, not so new. I've had mine for nearly 2 years.

If you really want support, you need to purchase from/and or contact companies like Street Unit, James Barone Racing, Corksport and others who have a heavy hand in the Mazda after market parts market.
Corksport has already got some parts available for the CX-5. The others just need to be contact and notified that there may be a potential market for parts development.

Yeah, not so new. I've had mine for nearly 2 years.

If you really want support, you need to purchase from/and or contact companies like Street Unit, James Barone Racing, Corksport and others who have a heavy hand in the Mazda after market parts market.
Corksport has already got some parts available for the CX-5. The others just need to be contact and notified that there may be a potential market for parts development.

I have contacted Street Unit and asked them if there were plans to produce any aftermarket products like they have for the 3 and the response was that they have rubber floor/hatch mats and window visors. I reiterated that I was looking specifically for other items like ones they offer for other models but they did not respond again. They don't even have the CX-5 listed on the site.

LOL! Rubber mats...

So, what exactly are you looking for? There's already some decent I/E options, and some decent suspension mod options thus far. How deep are you looking to go?
Personally, a good set of aggressive fitting wheels, a subtle drop, and the CX-5 is finished.

LOL! Rubber mats...

So, what exactly are you looking for? There's already some decent I/E options, and some decent suspension mod options thus far. How deep are you looking to go?
Personally, a good set of aggressive fitting wheels, a subtle drop, and the CX-5 is finished.

I LOL'd at that too and I agree a good set of aggressive fitting wheels, a subtle drop, and the CX-5 will look great.

I'm just making the observation that the support for our model aftermarket-wise is primarily overseas. Auto-Style has tons of stuff i.c body kits, strut bars, coilover kits, etc. There is a lack of access to those parts over here unless we go through auto-style for insane shipping prices. Corksport is really the only site I have found with a few items specifically listed for the CX-5.

I LOL'd at that too and I agree a good set of aggressive fitting wheels, a subtle drop, and the CX-5 will look great.

I'm just making the observation that the support for our model aftermarket-wise is primarily overseas. Auto-Style has tons of stuff i.c body kits, strut bars, coilover kits, etc. There is a lack of access to those parts over here unless we go through auto-style for insane shipping prices. Corksport is really the only site I have found with a few items specifically listed for the CX-5.

You lol, but more than a fair share of threads about mats and window visors have popped up >.< kinda sad

I don't know, the Escape has enjoyed quite a bit of aftermarket support over the years.

How about the latest generation of 2013 Ford Escape, has it had much aftermarket support?

Ford certainly moves way more volume than Mazda with the Escape. And in regards to engine performance, there's alot more potential there, with the EB engines. There's bound to be a much larger market for the Escape.

Yes, we know that Ford does much more volume (4x or so in US alone) with Escape and that the new Escape has been out nearly as long as the CX-5.

Question still remains, how has aftermarket support for new Escape been actually been so far? Or in reality is it weak (mats and ugly visors) like it is for most CUV's (and CX-5)?

Last edited:
Things I would be interested in being available here are mostly in regards to the looks and "comfort/convenience". Maybe there could even be some sort of group buy set up? I would be interested in the auto-folding mirrors http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123836540-Auto-folding-door-mirrors and the lower grille that snaps in from http://strelka11.ru/zaschita-radiato...-chernaya.html

I would also be interested in a sliding armrest, but haven't seen any of these available anywhere, and there's some accessories that could be interesting from a couple sites that were posted by synonym http://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/inshop-mall/CX5/-/f.1-p.1-s.1-sf.0-sid.245009-st.A-v.2 and mark ivdx http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123830959-CX-5-Accessories-Catalog-(JDM)

Also, I replaced all my speakers, and had to scrap the front ones to use to mount the new ones in (done by a car audio installer, not me), so now if I sell the car and want my system I have to buy new OEM speakers, would be nice to have spacers available. I think there was a post here about something being available just for the front mids, but not sure if the fit was perfect or not.

I would love a bull bar made a few calls to companies and nothing. I have seen maybe one or two cars with them on but never going in the same direction I am going to get a close up inspection.

I wanna say get a jeep or truck but that's not constructive. Not sure why you want a bull bar on this but who am I to judge? Lol

I've actually seen a few mid 2000's camrys wit bull bars on them (idk why, that particular car) and some other sedans with bull bars.. looks restarted as hell. I've not seen many CUV, with them except for a CRV and a Ford Taurus (the low Expedition looking one) which also look horrible with it. Personal preference I guess. There is a CX-5 in my area with some ugly chrome wheels that look like they belong on a low Silverado (location reference) and hood scoops.

Also, I replaced all my speakers, and had to scrap the front ones to use to mount the new ones in (done by a car audio installer, not me), so now if I sell the car and want my system I have to buy new OEM speakers, would be nice to have spacers available. I think there was a post here about something being available just for the front mids, but not sure if the fit was perfect or not.

The speaker mounts fit perfectly. I'm still waiting on the guy to start making rear. He is having trouble getting a factory rear speaker to model the mounts from.

Yes, we know that Ford does much more volume (4x or so in US alone) with Escape and that the new Escape has been out nearly as long as the CX-5.

Question still remains, how has aftermarket support for new Escape been actually been so far? Or in reality is it weak (mats and ugly visors) like it is for most CUV's (and CX-5)?

There is do doubt that the move from small SUV to Focus-styled CUV has affected the aftermarket for the Escape. That being said, a quick search yielded running boards/step bars and grill/brush guards for the 2013+ Escape. The new Escape doesn't have much of a grille, but there is some accent trim packages for it. I agree that some of this stuff doesn't look right on CUVs that are "road-styled" these days. The boxy, truck-like predecessors were much easier to tastefully accessorize than the sleeker aerodynamic replacements. There were rumors a few years ago about a Rav-4 based smaller FJ Cruiser. Can you imagine the aftermarket something like that would generate?!

Back