Jack stands.

NascarSigEp

:
2013 Cx-5 GT/w Tech
I am wondering if anyone has found a place to put jack stands under the CX-5. I have lifted the vehicle with a jack at the pinch welds, but am wondering where to place jack stands. I feel they are a lot safer then just a jack. When I did the "knock" test on the underside everything sounds hollow and plasticy. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you. That thread didn't have all of the information in it the last time I searched. At least I didn't start an LED thread.

The thread had all the information from the get go. Learn to read better next time, so others who are trying to help you can actually help you.

How about a little more helping and a little less attitude?

Last edited:
I here you about not liking one jack. I often thought about pulling those bottom plastic panels and seeing what kind of meat was under there. Right now, I do the two jack method. There are two jack pads, underneath the engine and one between the rear wheels- mine being a FWD model, I usually put one under the pinch weld and one under one of these pads. Makes it a little more stable.

I here you about not liking one jack. I often thought about pulling those bottom plastic panels and seeing what kind of meat was under there. Right now, I do the two jack method. There are two jack pads, underneath the engine and one between the rear wheels- mine being a FWD model, I usually put one under the pinch weld and one under one of these pads. Makes it a little more stable.

Thank you Madar. This gives me some good information. Generally on any unibody vehicle I've had, I cannot get a jack and a stand next to it. I would usually rely some place on the subframe. Thank you again for your imput.

The center jack point on the front is on the middle of the cross member and has a dimpled metal piece. You can use this and then place stands on the pinch weld. Some CX9 folks have reportedly bent this front jack point, but I don't think the CX5 is nearly as much of a monster to do that. Personally, I will probably just bend the pinch weld and place a jack stand right beside the jack.

The front cross member has some other good spots you can put a stand though. Also there is some places where they tie down the car during transport, these look like some pretty beefy anchors welded on which should be able to support quite a bit of weight.

Personally, I will probably just bend the pinch weld and place a jack stand right beside the jack.
This is what I do. Put the jack stands next to the hydrolic jack, I lower the jack a bit so it's not bearing all the weight.
I rotate the tires front & back only since I only have 2 jack stands, so the front jack stand it slightly behind jacking points, the pinch welds have not bent yet. Either leave the jack 'up' with the front or rear jack stand & rotate the tires.

This is what I do for the rear. Floor jack (with a piece of wood in the circle) does onto that reinforced part on the lower arm. The Jack stand can go right next to it, fitting snug under the bar. For the front I still used a pinch weld, but I'm going to get another floor jack so at least I can jack from the front control arm, and only use the pinch weld for the jack stand. I have left /right only tires so unless I remount, I can only swap front to back.

This is what I do. Put the jack stands next to the hydrolic jack, I lower the jack a bit so it's not bearing all the weight.

This is the correct method, remember the jack stand is supposed to carry the load, not the jack.

Back