Screen for lower intake

:
CX-5 GT
I saw a thread on here where people wanted some added protection for the front lower intake. Seemed a little open for my liking as well. There is an option from eBay to buy a grill. problem with that one for me is that it was chrome and $$. I came up with my own solution and wanted to share. Added a metal mesh from home depot for $4 and trimmed to fit. It is actually a gutter guard, but fits perfectly and is desecrate. Now it is safer and looks great IMO.

photo 3 copy.jpgphoto 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

That looks good. I hate the open unfinished look of the lower dam. How did you attach it?

If you really want to protect the radiator and AC condenser take a look at this in How To:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-Bug-Screen-with-Gutter-Guard-and-Pet-Screen&

This thread shows a grill set from a russian company.....here is the link to that company's product.
http://strelka11.ru/zaschita-radiat...tora-dlya-mazda-cx-5-s-2012g.v.-chernaya.html

the full set is 4100 rubles or $125 / just the lower for 1900 rubles or $58. Doesn't show that they'd ship to the US in their checkout but someone could send them an email.

follow up, I sent the company an email to see if they would ship to the US, they responded where. So it seems they might be willing, I sent them the link to this page to show there could be interest for them.

I like your mesh style and the Russian frame and the way they install it. What do you think, that Home Depot material will rust?

well the material is meant to be exposed to the elements so it probably protected. It may rust eventually, but even if I get a couple years out of it I can just go back and make another one. The material is so cheap that it is a no brainer for me.

Nodnerb- It is attached with black stainless steel wire tied to the plastic cross-members in the air dam.

I like your mesh style and the Russian frame and the way they install it. What do you think, that Home Depot material will rust?

The Home Depot stuff I used in the "Bug Screen" thread is plastic or nylon with zip ties, no rust...

The screen is a cool idea. I do like the honeycomb look of the grill, so i wonder how hard it would be to install something like this behind the grill. For the bottom i think the metal mesh look hot. The cloth version I would be too worried a rock would pierce the fabric.

Well that's just chicken wire.

There are better wire meshes avail from Home Depot better suited. The finer galvanized will do much better in protecting the AC condenser and radiator from what harms it the most, rocks and pebbles.

Back