Issues with windshield wiper fluid?

rjmelo21

:
2014 CX5 grand touring awd
Hi there, just purchased a '14 grand touring. Now that the weather is cold, we are finding that the nozzles for windshield wiper fluid are not spraying. It's as if they are clogged, but upon inspection they are not. Anyone have any suggestions?

There is a website/blog Minkara which is Japanese.On page 10 of the maint.section someone overthere sounds like has had the same problem.There is a picture and what it was!Hope this helps.Oh go to Google Chrome will translate to english, the best they can.

Hi there, just purchased a '14 grand touring. Now that the weather is cold, we are finding that the nozzles for windshield wiper fluid are not spraying. It's as if they are clogged, but upon inspection they are not. Anyone have any suggestions?

is the fluid frozen? happens around here often if you do not use a washer fluid rated for the weather.

Could be blocked at the intake in the tank. Happened a lot to one of my previous cars. ironically its actually the antifreeze in the fluid that causes it to clog up.

There have also been incidences reported whereby the fluid in the washer bottle has gelled because two different screenwash products that were incompatible were mixed i.e. The chemicals in the screenwash interacted and formed a gel. Might be worth draining the reservoir and starting again.

My guess is also frozen.

I have had my CX-5 since March 2013 and was still on the same tank of washer fluid until two weeks ago. It wasn't empty, but the fluid the dealership put in did not have any antifreeze and was freezing on contact with the window. Added some good stuff and now everything is good.

I'm using stuff that is rated to -40 and it still freezes on the windows. No issue with spraying down to about -5C however.

Did the tank run completely dry? Could be a vapor lock in one of the lines?

is the fluid frozen? happens around here often if you do not use a washer fluid rated for the weather.

This happened to me on a ski trip in my old WRX. My brother had to lean out the window every 1-2 minutes and splash water from a jug on the windshield so I could see. Once we got to lower altitude and warmer temps, it worked fine. Now I use -27 degree F from Nov to Mar

Back