Buying a 2014 CX-5 - Did I get a decent deal?

Stringer

:
2014 CX-5 Sport Manual
Hi, I'm currently making arrangements to purchase a new 2014 CX-5 Sport Manual with black leather, and a cargo tray. I tried to beat the price down best I could. Is this a decent deal? Thanks. (dunno)

Mileage is at 126 because they had to get it from another dealer. $24,062 OTD

Attachments

• PurchaseAgreement.JPG
    PurchaseAgreement.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
FWD. Not sure of the sticker price.

wow. you didn't look at the window sticker? assuming no other options, MSRP was $21,395 for my area according to the mazda website.

so 20,590 (your posted invoice invoice) + 599 (dealer fee, bogus fee IMHO) = 21,189.

no, i do not think you got a good deal, but i don't think you did any research before your purchase before you bought. in the end, if you are happy that is all that matters.

So leather installled? Looks like a good deal considering that- I really like my manual trans with the 2.0L - I get >30 consistent without babying it and it's fun to drive

You might have been able to get a better price if you negotiated directly with the dealer who actually had the vehicle in their inventory, and you would have gotten a slightly cheaper price on the leather install if you went to the Katzkin dealer directly (my wife and I did on our CX-5), but, overall, not too bad of a job at getting a smidge under invoice.

And one last thing, make sure you go to Mazda's website, and fill in the information to have Mazda donate to charity, since you bought a car.

https://mazda.promo.eprize.com/drive4good/

BC.

Last edited:
Hrmmm, bad deal, good deal, and so-so deal. Not sure which one to go with lol. But yeah, I researched vehicles for an entire month before deciding on the CX-5. I'm a die hard toyota fan, but they just didn't have anything I was interested in, besides the RAV4 and my wife already has one, so I wanted something else. The CX-5 made the most sense to me ... great mpg, great price (especially in a manual which i prefer), alloys standard, sporty looking, mfg and built in japan, etc ... A winner for me.

I never had a car with leather before, so I was excited to see it was available as an add-on. It is not katskin, it is classic soft trim. They will be doing the door trim as well as the seating in black leather.

I was negotiating with every dealer in the central florida area and Cox Mazda gave me the best price after haggling. I really wanted the leather and the cargo tray so thats included in the price.

When I pick it up I want to get suntek clear bra, dark ceramic tint, and black weathertech floorliners. I think it would suit me just fine then. Oh, and one of these if they are of decent quality

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Hi, I'm currently making arrangements to purchase a new 2014 CX-5 Sport Manual with black leather, and a cargo tray. I tried to beat the price down best I could. Is this a decent deal? Thanks. (dunno)

You got the car for invoice on a vehicle that is hot right now so dealers are not willing to negotiate much. Sounds like you got a great deal to me. To bad Florida screws you for $1,676. $1100+ for the leather is not out of line, its actually a good price if its as good as Katzkin.

That $599 dealer fee is fishy, I would have questioned them about that. Most likely I would not have paid that fee.

2014 CX-5 Sport MT-6 Liquid Silver.

This is what I would buy if I had to replace my vehicle today. It would be great if you could post a photo of the leather interior.

2014 CX-5 Sport MT-6 Liquid Silver.

This is what I would buy if I had to replace my vehicle today. It would be great if you could post a photo of the leather interior.

Pics! Turns out they used Katzkin leather. I really like this car. I think I got a good deal. (spin)

Attachments

• interior-1.JPG
    interior-1.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 182
  • interior-2.JPG
    interior-2.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 156
  • interior-3.JPG
    interior-3.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 150
  • interior-4.JPG
    interior-4.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 150
  • interior-5.JPG
    interior-5.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 154
Just curious, your photos show WeatherTech mats. I did not see that itemized in the Purchase Agreement. Did you add them yourself or does that dealer provide them standard?

Just curious, your photos show WeatherTech mats. I did not see that itemized in the Purchase Agreement. Did you add them yourself or does that dealer provide them standard?

I got them myself. Also just installed front and rear OEM splash guards, and OEM sill plates. Tomorrow it's getting ceramic tint and a clear bra!

I got them myself. Also just installed front and rear OEM splash guards, and OEM sill plates. Tomorrow it's getting ceramic tint and a clear bra!

Excellent! I should just pay you to configure my CX-5 for me. So far, you have put together what I have planned. :)

I am from Massachusetts and got a much better deal.

I just purchased a 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring model for $24,000. It is a automatic. I got the rebate and discount.
I noticed you paid quite a bit for Sales Tax in Florida. What is their percentage for sales tax? I also noticed
your dealer charged you $599 for dealers fee's? Our dealer conveyance fee is $299 and our sales tax is
6.25%.

Back