TPMS Warning Light keeps going on

elviszhe

:
03 Protege5
anyone has a similar problem?
this be loved GT is bought in Aug 2013, and around 2,100km, and everything on it is Factory, no MOD at all.
the TPMS warning light keeps going on, and asking to increase tire pressure.
I checked all four tires myself, all good;
so I sent back to Dealer, they checked and reset it, no fix; and they even did a whole system diagnosis, all Passed as I heard last time.
they could not figure out what's going on; so they keep my car for further investigation.
now, it's been almost one week.....
they told me they sent some data to Mazda Canada and been required to replace a module (ABS module?!! I couldn't remember).
but the problem is not fixed yet...
I guess I have to wait for another week to see if they would get this fixed.

any else has a same problem?

Since the TPMS works by counting wheel revolutions, which is part of of ABS, it sounds reasonable.

The tpms has a calendar reminder that can be set to different intervals to remind you to check the pressure. Pushing the reset button by the left knee alone will not reset the calendar reminder. It took me a day of (uhm) to figure that out. If access the info center - maintenance reminder portion you can set it again to remind you to check pressure or turn it off. My will remind me every 4 months. I hope it is that easy.

Did you switch to winter tires? In the 2013 service manual it indicates that there is an error correction element to the TPMS reset and it may require up to three resets to actually reset and "learn" the current tire rotation/pressure relationships. This was modified in the early 2013 models. Try resetting it yourself each time it lights up and I think it will stop going lighting up after three resets with no change in tire pressure/size...

Back