Driving through deep water

ecassar

:
Mazda CX5
Hello everyone,
I am from Malta and I am still waiting to get hold of my CX5 ordered last August. Delivery should be sometime this month but I don't have an exact date yet. So I'm spending my waiting time browsing this really interesting forum to get a grasp of what to expect from my CX5. There is something which I never came across here however. And that is how does the CX5 handle deep water. Here in Malta we tend to get flooding in quite a number of areas. It is not unusual to have to drive through about 30cm water when it rains. Anyone has got experience with driving the Cx5 through flooded roads?
Thanks

Etienne.

30cm = 11.8" ....yikes! (eek)

Honestly, if I knew I was going to be driving though a foot of water, the CX-5 would not be my vehicle of choice.

I think you should have no concerns about only 12 inches or so of water. My FWD CX7 several times went through 18 inches of water without any problems. I'm not sure about the AWD rear differental and if it has a top vent howerer which may limit the max dept to ~ 20 inches you should drive through. Ed.

Hello everyone,
I am from Malta and I am still waiting to get hold of my CX5 ordered last August. Delivery should be sometime this month but I don't have an exact date yet. So I'm spending my waiting time browsing this really interesting forum to get a grasp of what to expect from my CX5. There is something which I never came across here however. And that is how does the CX5 handle deep water. Here in Malta we tend to get flooding in quite a number of areas. It is not unusual to have to drive through about 30cm water when it rains. Anyone has got experience with driving the Cx5 through flooded roads?
Thanks

Etienne.

Lift kit and photos. Thanks.

Back