Need CX-5 owners to answer a question for me

Lecompte

:
Maxda CX-5 GT AWD 2014
I am new to Mazda and to SUV's coming from an AUDI S4.
Can anyone tell me why the steering wheel is not centered on the speedometer, and why the drivers seat is not centered on the steering wheel?
Eveything seems staggered at an angle from the drivers seat.

Good eye Lecompte! I have been driving mine for a year now wondering and have never seen the issue raised here.

I've noticed that too. It doesn't bother me, nor is it noticeable in normal driving but you can visually see things are slightly askew.

It was mentioned in another thread earlier this week, although I've never noticed it nor even cared to check after I read about it here.

I dunno bro thankfully mine (after just checking) looks pretty good to me- my steering wheel is raked all the way in, pretty low and inside center (highest point) cuts off a bit of 80mph(highest point of speedo). Seat to wheel seems good to my eye also. I guess you didn't notice this on test drives? I noticed mirror and hood shake a few seconds after reaching hwy speed. My hood is better, I notice but its slight and not bothersome. Mirror is not slight, does exact same as '13 model and earlier '14s I drove that I'm hoping Poughkeepsie Mazda will resolve.

That said, if I did notice this I'm pretty sure I'd be hands up in terms of why other than you didn't buy a premium make, you bought a fairly cheap Mazda with some nice features(not a bad choice mind you) but the overall quality and solidity you're used to is simply not there, right?

Last edited:
I'm not convinced that everybody centers body in drivers seat consistently during each drive. I looked for the problem, but no such problem exists for me after driving it for 24K miles back to back with other cars.

Never noticed on my RHS car, but Audi is noted for having offset pedals in the UK which is generally disliked, but I didn't have a issue with mine, you quickly get use to things in my experience, unless you drive different cars, I don't.

I guess I'm looking for confirmation from others that it's not a defect and in fact by design.

Maybe once the seat is broken in a bit it will feel better, it's only slightly noticeable. But the wheel is def not "square" on the speedo for me. As for the quality, only time will tell. I'm not seeing any other issues yet.

Back