HID Yellow Fog Lights?

jeremy44

:
CX-5 AWD GT with Tech pkg
Looking to change to yellow HID's for the fog lights
Considered just putting a tint on them, but I don't think that will help too much for inclement weather conditions...

Anyone done this mod yet?

Pics will be greatly appreciated (spin)

I used to sell fog/driving lights for a living, test showed that yellow was just a fashion statement, no better at cutting thru the fog.

Why HID over halogen? Are you trying to burn the fog off :) I would think HID would add too much blue and UV to the yellow and you would end up with green fog lamps.

Now an HID back up light conversion would make sense but the back up camera shows more than the mirrors anyhow :)

I used to sell fog/driving lights for a living, test showed that yellow was just a fashion statement, no better at cutting thru the fog.

Why HID over halogen? Are you trying to burn the fog off :) I would think HID would add too much blue and UV to the yellow and you would end up with green fog lamps.

Now an HID back up light conversion would make sense but the back up camera shows more than the mirrors anyhow :)

I replaced my backup light with cree projectors; the reflector itself scatters the light too much though. HID conversion probably wouldn't be worth it.

Back