Remove dealer decal from CX-5 rear

Lecompte

:
Maxda CX-5 GT AWD 2014
I am sure I am not the first person to want to remove the dealer's ugly "free advertising" stick-on badges off their brand new vehicle. Does anyone have any good advice on removing it without damaging my paint job in the process. I do have a heat gun but I'm afraid to use it.

I use a hair dryer to heat it enough to peel it off and then Goo-Gone, and finally soap and water to finish up.

I've always been successful by just using a finger nail to loose a corner and peel them right off.

My dealer has a 45 day inspection. (After Purchase) Where they check stuff, wash it and ask if you have any questions/problems. I asked them to remove their Logo from the back and they did.

When I bought it I thought it was a waste of time but I did have questions!

I debaged my 2014 CX5 on day one, used dental floss. It worked better than the hairdryer.

I removed the stealership crap and rest from Mazda on the rear.

Will post pics later.

I debaged my 2014 CX5 on day one, used dental floss. It worked better than the hairdryer.

Will post pics later.

Although I haven`t seen it yet, this will look much better ! (I even removed the name`s cardealer from my numberplate !)

Last edited:
Here you go, my CX5 debaged.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    631.2 KB · Views: 971
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    895.6 KB · Views: 822
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 704
Last edited:
I just did mine after 15 months of ownership. I used both the hair dryer and floss and am kicking myself for not using monofilament line with the dryer. the SkyActiv badge was a bear to get off and the adhesive residue lots of fun to remove.

I just did mine after 15 months of ownership. I used both the hair dryer and floss and am kicking myself for not using monofilament line with the dryer. the SkyActiv badge was a bear to get off and the adhesive residue lots of fun to remove.

It comes off easier on cold weather.

I ordered my CX-5 through my local dealership and one of the conditions of the sale was that they would not put a dealership badge on it.

Actual like mine with the dealer name on it, since I don't like my closest mazda dealer I don't mind advertising the one where I was treated right and who gave me a great deal.

Luckily the dealership I use does not use stickers, just LP frames. I put on my custom LP frame immediately. :)

When I go in for my first scheduled maintenance I'm going to try to make a deal with them. Free oil change or discount for leaving their ad on my car. Can't hurt to try! haha

Cleaned the area on a nice hot day. Used my finger nail to gingerly remove all letters. Rubbing alcohol to remove the glue, then a polish to shine it back up again. 10 min total.

I just de-baged the other afternoon. Left it in the hot sun for a while and then used fishingline to remove the badge. A gentle fingernail to scrape and roll away the bulk of the foam adhesive. Finally a little acetone to remove the remaining residue, followed by a soap and water cleaning. Did the trick quite well.

Will post pics later.

I had the dealership remove mine when along with the dealership lic. plate covers I bought it this past Monday 5/5. Does removing the factory decals void your warranty ? I ask because of the horrendous experience I received at the dealership where I purchased mine. ( to long to explain )

Back