Do folks like the 2014 CX-5 in Black with Sand interior?

thegrapeguy

:
2013 Mazda CX5 GT
On the Grand Touring I didn't think I would be a fan of the Black ext/ Sand int scheme but I liked it a lot. Felt "clean" and "happy". I didn't really like what Mazda did last year with the Navy Blue/White but this car I saw today was cool. Has anyone seen this color scheme or own one - thoughts?

Black Mica with Sand interior (GT leather). Originally I wanted BM on black leather, until I noticed that there was too much black in the interior. Quite bland to say the least. When I saw the off white Sand leather interior, it hit the spot. The Black Mica paint have a lot of grey and gold Mica flakes in it, so there is a lot of depth in direct sunlight.

Unfortunately, there are cons to this combo. It is by far the hardest to keep clean. Black obviously shows more flaws then any other color, and will highlight dirt and swirls/marring. The Sand leather interior will also highlight stains, especially jean dye stains. I have to wash the interior and wipe down the interior on a bi-weekly basis.

Yup, what he said ^^

I've had three black cars, and every time I've said "never another black car" :) They look outstanding when they're clean/polished. But they get dirty again within hours.

I also absolutely love the beige interior and actually got a Touring, because the GT didn't come in beige (with Red exterior). The black inside is so dark and oppressive (and hot in the summer).

My 2c.

If I were to choose again I would go with Soul Red with Sand interior, GT leather of course. Not a fan of the maroon like 2013 red (forgot the specific name). Definitely not as classy as a pristine Black Mica though. Then again, colors are subjective.

I've got a Black/sand Touring. IMO the interior looks way better than straight black.
The cloth seats are surprisingly stain-resistant; when the car was 2 months old my wife spilled coffee on the seat (arrrrgh!) but it cleaned up perfectly.
I'm happy with the color choice, but this car lives in the garage 90% of the time.

Last edited:
I liked the combo soo much I got one. Bought it off the showroom floor last week. :)
attachment.php

attachment.php

Back