A-Pillar Trim rattle

lcann25

:
2014 CX-5
As the weather is getting a bit colder, I'm noticing a bad rattle coming from my A-Pillar trim when hitting bumps until the vehicle warms up.. anyone else notice this? I need to call the dealer and get this looked at before it drives me crazy.

Get it looked at before the first year (warranty) is up. The service manager at my dealership told me that after 1 year Mazda won't look at anything related to this kind of noise.

Sad that its still not fixed in the 2014 model...

It's not just the A-pillar where this occurs. I've noticed the same type of noise occurring in the driver's door panel with the onset of colder temps. Such is the nature of plastic interiors, particularly in non-luxury brands where the manufacturer doesn't take extraordinary (costly) measures to prevent it.

I have the same problem with the Raddle/Noise coming from somewhere by the drivers A Pillar/Vent/Speaker. It just started happening within the last week when the temps dipped below -5c.

It's like a vibration that comes from the tire then goes up to that area.

Last edited:
I had this with my 2013 model.

I rolled 2 pieces of black paper tape in ~4mm thick blocks. Inserted each one between the A pillar and black dashboard piece until each was not visible. This created a spacing between A pillars and black dashboard.

My rattles did go away. YMMV of course.

The dealer "could not reproduce" the problem of course, so I had to deal with it myself.

Last edited:
fixed it, did something similar to what gova recommended but used sticky back felt things for putting under stuff s othey dont scuff up tabletops etc.. shoved them down with a flat screwdriver so they cannot be seen and viola, no more rattles. Great to be gerry-rigging a brand new vehicle though. (unamused)

Back