Spacers - Noob questions

isaac33

:
2014 Mazda, CX-5/Touring
So I've never had spacers installed on my previous vehicles but I'm thinking about purchasing front and rear v2 spacers from Ichiba purely for aesthetic reasons, making the car look beefier with the wider stance. I think it definitely needs a better stance but I can't afford new wheels and tires. However I am curious about a few things after reading some posts.

1. If I install say the 20 mm or 25 mm spacers do I need to get the alignment checked after install?
2. From the Manufacturer warranty, I did glance through my book but didn't see anything that struck me with a major concern, but will spacers void any warranties, i.e. suspension, wheel, etc.?

1. No
2. It shouldn't, but dealers could argue that the decreased offset may cause added stress on bushings and bearings. Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975, they would have to prove that the spacer did indeed contribute to whatever issue that may lead to a voided warranty.

Keeping it safe, it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to remove the spacers if you do need to go for service. Make sure you buy the current lug pattern, thickness (25mm ideal) with pressed studs, and center bore size.

Back