Horsepower gains?

SettoMp3

:
2001 Mazda Protege Mp3
1. can I use the J-SPEC MAZDA FS-ZE Intake Camshaft 2.0L for the Mp3?

2. How much of a HP gain would i receive with the J-SPEC MAZDA FS-ZE Intake Camshaft 2.0L, CORKSPORT 'B' Series DOHC Camshaft Gear, MAGNECOR 8.5mm Ignition Wires '01-'03 2.0L, E3 plugs, EIBACH EVS Spring Kit, FS Series Engine?

#1 Yes you can.

#2 7-8 hp for the camshaft. The cam gear you list are not for the FS engine, the only work on Mazda B6, BP engines.

-Derrick

So in your opinion with everything listed besides the cam gear what kind of gains in total do you think i would recieve?

7-8hp, he already said. E3 plugs are crap IMO

There is not much HP to be made from a naturally aspirated FSDE if you are trying to do it cheaply.

I trying to basically get 230hp tops bc i want it to be street drivable and i totally appreciate the help. So what would you recommend?

I trying to basically get 230hp tops bc i want it to be street drivable and i totally appreciate the help. So what would you recommend?

230hp for an MP3 would be a ton of money. I believe the old world challenge Proteges were making around 250 and those motors were around 8-9k not counting the engine management.

-Derrick

gonna need a lot of money to get 230whp out of a naturally aspirated. maybe high comp. pistons, fully built head. full standalone to tune the ignition timing and control fuel. and even then maybe still not hit the mark. would be easier to buy a MSP turbo kit and tune that with a ssafc.

gonna need a lot of money to get 230whp out of a naturally aspirated. maybe high comp. pistons, fully built head. full standalone to tune the ignition timing and control fuel. and even then maybe still not hit the mark. would be easier to buy a MSP turbo kit and tune that with a ssafc.

no i def want forced induction lol I just would like to know the best set up so I don't blow the motor with an over the top turbo

I already have a K+N Cold air on it and a better HKS Welded exhaust. I figure I will get a Header some camshafts and Probably Upgrade the Pistons and Heads before doing the turbo. So what kind of damage do you think i will gain in HP before Turbo? and What price range am I looking into to achieve this goal?

staying naturally aspirated you shouldn't really cause much damage. basicly look at my signature, as you can see my engine is far from stock. basically everything engine wise is what youll need to handle higher boost pressures. you can still use a SSAFC to tune or you can go full standalone to squeeze the max out of the engine. but for your power goals a built block and gt28 running no more than 10psi and some sort of fuel management should easily get you to your power goals . ive personally spent $4000 on my built engine and trans. a gt2871 will run you another $1000 and a ssafc about $300. so your looking at $5300 alone just on engine, mods, trans, and turbo plus management. but ive well spent more than that as I have suspension mods and CF goodies also.

haven't dyno'd my car. and my car is currently down as im waiting for a few other parts to come in to finish my build for my 505Intake Manfiold. but before the rebuild I was at around 190ish whp running 9psi on the stock turbo untuned. Tuned I would've easily broken the 200whp and been able to run 10-11psi

haven't dyno'd my car. and my car is currently down as im waiting for a few other parts to come in to finish my build for my 505Intake Manfiold. but before the rebuild I was at around 190ish whp running 9psi on the stock turbo untuned. Tuned I would've easily broken the 200whp and been able to run 10-11psi

wow thats awesome! i have always wanted an Mp3 or Msp but i settled for an es originally that was a bad idea lol so i ended up buying an Mp3 from a guy and I was driving it home and i totally threw a rod through the block. so yeah needless to say i bought a used motor and i am looking to fully rebuild it as I already should anyway. I am already there and that sense so thats why I signed up for this forum to gain some extra wisdom and knowledge.

just remember the search button is your friend. and if you have questions just ask. there are plenty of guys that have years and years of experience with these cars/engines and have probably done every trial and error you can think of.

just remember the search button is your friend. and if you have questions just ask. there are plenty of guys that have years and years of experience with these cars/engines and have probably done every trial and error you can think of.

Thanks man. Yeah that is why I initially came here because it seemed the knowledge was here to gain from others with plenty of Exp and wisdom

Those cams from Corksport, a header (which you have),... what about a 626 intake mani? I don't know what that'll do... anyone?

Back