Considering a CX-5 as my first Mazda. Worth waiting til 2015 model?

jlin

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at buying a CX-5 very soon. My current car is 11 years old and still works (for now) but isn't in the best condition. We came close to pulling the trigger on a 14 AWD GT w/tech this weekend, but then I started reading all the negative posts on this forum about the infotainment system. So a couple questions for everyone here...

Is it worth waiting another few months for the 2015 CX-5?

For those of you who have been Mazda loyalists for many years, what month do you expect the 2015 to actually be released?

And finally, based on past experience, once the new model is released, how long does it typically take to actually get your hands on one?

Thanks in advance!

I would expect that since the CX-5 is a fairly new model, there will only be minor changes done to it for 2015 and it won't start showing up until next summer. I have a 2013 AWD GT with tech package and love it. Havent' had any problems

I would expect the 2015 to be here in January, the 2014 were here this past January, and manufactures can only have the model year cycle run but for so long.

wait...

dealer implied that mazda gave/is giving tomtom the heave-ho after the crap system they put out for the cx5 and going with a different vendor for nav in newer models

I'd wait until a few months after the 2015s come out to see if they've fixed the mirror and hood shaking problems that have plagued the 2013 and 2014 models. My 2014 has both problems which still haven't been fixed by the dealer, although they keep trying.

I have a 2014 and there is the ipod problem but it's isn't that bad that I would wait for a 2015 as far as the mirror and hood shake mine has never had this problem. I think a lot of people make a big issue of some overall minor problems with the CX-5

I have a 2014 and there is the ipod problem but it's isn't that bad that I would wait for a 2015 as far as the mirror and hood shake mine has never had this problem. I think a lot of people make a big issue of some overall minor problems with the CX-5

if you haven't had it then you really can't claim it to be a 'minor' problem
especially if you're trying to see traffic behind you and it looks like a tool video...

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at buying a CX-5 very soon. My current car is 11 years old and still works (for now) but isn't in the best condition. We came close to pulling the trigger on a 14 AWD GT w/tech this weekend, but then I started reading all the negative posts on this forum about the infotainment system. So a couple questions for everyone here...

Is it worth waiting another few months for the 2015 CX-5?

For those of you who have been Mazda loyalists for many years, what month do you expect the 2015 to actually be released?

And finally, based on past experience, once the new model is released, how long does it typically take to actually get your hands on one?

Thanks in advance!

I purchased a 2014 days ago and they just did a pre-holidays change to the transmission shifter gate that I was not expecting. The shifter now has a straight gate with a leather boot and chrome surround. Much nicer than the others. Dealer said they gave them no notice of this change. I asked about the 2015 as well and he said probably not until after summer 2014.

Dealer said they gave them no notice of this change. I asked about the 2015 as well and he said probably not until after summer 2014.

Dealer is either incompetent or dishonest. Mazda had announced to the public in July or August the CX-5 and 6 shift gates would be changed around the beginning of September. Mazda has also publicly announced the 2015s start production the second or third week of January 2014 and should be in the U.S. the middle to the end of February 2014.

Dealerships are horrible. I even worked at Mazda one. They will do or say ANYTHING to get you to buy the oldest Vehicle on the lot. PERIOD. Everyone knows that the CX-5 and MZ6 Model year Cycle are pretty much January - January.

Dealer is either incompetent or dishonest. Mazda had announced to the public in July or August the CX-5 and 6 shift gates would be changed around the beginning of September. Mazda has also publicly announced the 2015s start production the second or third week of January 2014 and should be in the U.S. the middle to the end of February 2014.

Well I'm glad I got the new shift gate, I was pleasantly surprised.

Do these model year releases work the same in the UK? We have ordered a brand new CX5 which arrives March 1st 2014! Which model year am I likely to get?

There's Hope!

According to my dealer, there are now TSBs for the mirror and hood vibration problems in the 2014 CX-5s. They replaced parts of my mirror yesterday (I don't think they replaced the whole mirror assembly) and ordered parts (I'm guessing epoxy, like the 2013 model TSB specifies) for the hood shaking. Haven't road tested the mirror yet but will post an update after the hood is repaired. FYI, attached is a European TSB for the mirror that I think applies to 2014 models. Depending on the VIN, up to three different remedies might need to be tried.

Attachments

• Service Bulletin R042_13A.pdf
    285.3 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
According to my dealer, there are now TSBs for the mirror and hood vibration problems in the 2014 CX-5s. They replaced parts of my mirror yesterday (I don't think they replaced the whole mirror assembly) and ordered parts (I'm guessing epoxy, like the 2013 model TSB specifies) for the hood shaking. Haven't road tested the mirror yet but will post an update after the hood is repaired. FYI, attached is a European TSB for the mirror that I think applies to 2014 models. Dependin on the VIN, up to three different remedies might need to be tried.

Thank you for the TSB. I took mine in a couple weeks ago and they had no idea how to fix. I will mention this to them when I go in next time.

Thanks for your post. I see this is regarding mirror shake.
What is the TSB # for the hood shake?

The service order doesn't state the TSB number for the hood vibration. Just says parts have been ordered. I'll ask when the parts (likely glue) arrives. BTW, the cost to Mazda to fix the mirror was CDN$904.97. So, if you have this problem, don't let the warranty expire before you get it fixed. I suspect the bill to Mazda for fixing the hood vibration won't be cheap, either. So, again, make sure Mazda pays for that, not you.

After re-reading the service order, the language indicates that the entire mirror assembly was replaced. The price tag, CDN$711.29, for the part also suggests that the entire mirror assembly was replaced. If that's the case, I won't be surprised if the problem has not been fixed.

Back