16" rims offset?

tatsu

:
2014 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
Hey guys, i'm downsizing all the way to 16" for winters, tho it's 235, and my stock is 225 -.-" anyway price was the main reason obviously. So my big question is, Costco offers 2 choices for steelies, X99145N and X99154N, +67.1 and +40 offset respectively. Can someone tell me which offset fits better? I'm kinda noob at this offset thing. Thanks!

I can't answer your question on the offset as the wheel width is needed as well. Didn't Canada have a 16" factory option that you could use as a guideline? I THINK on a 7" wheel the +40mm offset will give you the clearance for the brakes and suspension but you need to research it more.

Keep in mind, wider is NOT what you want for winter tires. Narrow is better as it cuts through the slush and slop with less chance to float and slip. A smaller tire patch increases the contact pressure which gives you the greater grip when it's cold and slippery. It's only in deep off road conditions when you want a floatation for snow. If cost is an issue, 225 is the factory size for Rav4s which is what my 1 year old Craigslist tires came off of.

yea i do know narrower is suppose to be better in the snow, but for the price difference, and only 10mm width track difference, 235 was a better choice. And i've got 16" test fitted on the car, and it fits fine. Thanks!

yea i do know narrower is suppose to be better in the snow, but for the price difference, and only 10mm width track difference, 235 was a better choice. And i've got 16" test fitted on the car, and it fits fine. Thanks!

what are the specs on those wheels? I'm interested in width and offset specifically. Have you noticed any difference in handling?

Back