(Modified) Horn Thread

jeremy44

:
CX-5 AWD GT with Tech pkg
I've noticed over the year that some of us have switched out the OEM horn to something that sounds better and louder.

Going to start this thread for those of us who have modified or changed our horns, so we can post and compile some pictures and any installation advice or references for those who are considering doing the same.

IMG_1834.JPGIMG_1833.JPGIMG_1832.JPG

Mine are Hella Twin Tone TE16

Attachments

• IMG_1869.JPG
    IMG_1869.JPG
    781.3 KB · Views: 312
I got some Hella Supertones for my wifes car...

AMAZING difference haha. Install was easy as well, it seems there is a "factory" spot for these to be even etc...

I got some Hella Supertones for my wifes car...

AMAZING difference haha. Install was easy as well, it seems there is a "factory" spot for these to be even etc...

We're all thankful for that bolt just asking to have an extra tone/ horn on it, along with being easily modded lol

I was actually considering getting a (n auxiliary) train horn installed in the area where I-Stop would go lol. I decided to get a STB and bonnet struts instead.

Plus, they look pretty sweet haha. Hey Chris, how do you like your springs?? I have some en route and wanna know what the 'real' drop is??

I am installing my horns and have never wired something daisy chained like this; just looking for some feedback thanks.
These are the two y wires I made. Left is ground, right is power.

Tested with a 9 volt battery for noise (it worked) . The wire that ends with the loop is the ground wire, the wire going behind the box is the power.

I do have a question for those more knowledgeable; I was going to hook that loop into the ground wire (also a loop on bolt) on the passenger side; however it is my understanding that the oem horn is self grounded, with the same wire. Is there another step I will need to take, or should using the passenger ground be sufficient? Thanks

Latest posts

Back