Fog-lights with yellow vinyl overlay

:
2014 CX-5 GT AWD
Placed yellow overlays on my fogs courtesy of BLUEBATOVERLAYS. It's pretty easy to install and you do need a heat gun as the fog lights do have a concave shape to them and you will need to shrink them a bit so it takes the shape of the light. Enjoy and I hope you like.

Day Shots

Night shots

Fogs off, lights on

No flash used in this shot

See the yellow tint in the ground from the overlays

Last edited:
very nice!
I have been thinking of doing the exact same thing for a couple of weeks now.

How long did the installation take you?

hezu.jpg

I've got them on my Cx5 as well. I bought them after I bought them for my 08 Mustang GT, which has very large Foglights. Even aligned correctly in the mustang people would flash me constantly, because they are positioned on the car like high beams, so I never would turn them on. Since I tinted them yellow everyone seems to understand they are fogs, and no one flashes. Even though the cx5's fogs are small and dim, I figured it looked good.

Does this actually work to decrease back scatter ( glare ) in heavy snow/fog? Or is it just for appearance?

FYI, You can purchase pre-cut Yellow Tint overlays from Lamin X. That's what I did with mine.

it took about 10 minutes for the install and yes it does help reduce the glare during snow and fog. Did this one my Toyota Matrix and love it that's why I had to do it again

Back