CorkSport Rear Sway Bar

I also found this "Ultra Racing" website; they have decently priced reinforcement without the JDM shipping. This car will be my high mleage paid off car so I want lessen effects of hard driving on the unibody. The only thing is I have never heard of this company.

Strut Brace
tw2-2133.jpg

Front/Rear Lower Bars
la4-2134.jpg

rl4-2135.jpg

Blue on the rear sway bar does not match my color scheme and wish they had black, white or red and I would buy it today.

I emailed Spencer at Cocksport (well actually replied to a conversation were having about a strut brace I wanted) about the bar not showing up, he said that was unintended so I'm guessing it's fixed now/fixed soon. You could always have it coated a different color. I am seriously considering one of those ultraracing bars which I would coat. There is a place in my city that does coats for things like that at about $15 $30 ea.

Just curious but why would you modify an already excellent handling vehicle? Adding a stiffer rear sway bar is likely to cause the Cx5 to oversteer.

Just curious but why would you modify an already excellent handling vehicle? Adding a stiffer rear sway bar is likely to cause the Cx5 to oversteer.
To expand on your question, what's with the knee jerk reaction to add a rear bar when the factory didn't see fit to employ one and why would you put your faith in a relatively unknown "tuner" like Corksport to properly design such an important component? It's a mystery to me!

I modify the handling to change it to suit my tastes.. My car rides harder because of stiffer springs and larger wheels.. handles better than oem that was a trade off, one that I don't mind. M previous car was a boring Ford Escape that I had no interest in modifying because it was just a boring car. I intend to keep this as my paid off high mileage car so I'm gonna modify it to suit my tastes, but I still want it to last a long time too, this is why I am interested in the reinforcement. As far as oversteer is concerned, in my setup and driving style, oversteer would not be a issue, it would probably get my handling more where I want it. I seem to encounter understeer more often. As for reinforcement bar they are not used to "improve handling" per say, but to reduce body flex. I would expect a change in handling from a sway bar, I wouldn't from a lower arm bar. Those bars aren't standard equipment on any OEM vehicles usually, and the ones that do have those types of things oem are performance models. There is nothing "knee-jerk" about it, I've had the car over a year, already have a lot of miles on it, drive it hard and certain reinforcement bars may not be a bad investment for me. Also, Corksport isn't unknown nor is it the only company offering such things (although not much for the CX-5). Autoexe has more to offer, but JDM shipping. I looked into Ultra Racing, they actually seem pretty legitimate, but I'm not ready to buy from them yet. In general those bars aren't sophisticated, as long as they are properly mounted so that loads are transferred from one side to the other, they serve a purpose.

To expand on your question, what's with the knee jerk reaction to add a rear bar when the factory didn't see fit to employ one and why would you put your faith in a relatively unknown "tuner" like Corksport to properly design such an important component? It's a mystery to me!

Wouldn't call them unknown by any means though. (rolleyes)

The factory did see fit to employ a rear sway bar. It is standard on all fwd models. All the op wants is to reduce the understeer inherent in fwd vehicles. This is not uncommon. Enthusiast fwd owners have been replacing rear sway bars with thicker/stiffer rear bars for years, and, likely will continue to do so.

Why the hostility to someone who wants to fine tune the handling of his car, just because you don't seem to want to?

Every factory set up comes with a compromise. Obviously, it is biased towards either comfort or handling. There has to be a degree of trade off...

What knee jerk question? This is an intrinsic question. There is no mention of aftermarket parts or Corksport in my question. You need to re-read the question and then actually think about it before you react with a knee jerk response. All I wanted to do was learn what this guy had to gain!

Chris_top_her, thank you for the response.

RE: Ultra Racing, I have their braces on my last 3 cars. Good stuff but poor powder coating. I will definitely put it on the CX-5!

I talked to Ultra Racing this week regarding sway bars and braces. They said rear sway for FWD & AWD possibly next spring. Cork Sport same deal. The UR braces seem like an investment I'll be making for my urban twisties.

I talked to Ultra Racing this week regarding sway bars and braces. They said rear sway for FWD & AWD possibly next spring. Cork Sport same deal. The UR braces seem like an investment I'll be making for my urban twisties.
Tight. I'll be keeping a look out.

Back