What car did you trade your CX-5 in for?

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring w/bose-tech
wife traded her 13 cx5 in last week for the new mitsu outlander because of the lack of room with baby seat issue

specs say the 5 has 2cubic feet more total max cargo space than the new outtie
but there's more linear room in it because 2nd row slides fore/aft, and there's an improved '3rd row' thats suitable for tiny adults or children
so it works better for us now and future with children

i still have my 13 cx5

New Mitsu Outlander? Roomier interior, but it doesn't get much more mediocre than the new Outlander.

I'll have to come back and answer this question later. Should just be another 6-8 years or so.

New Mitsu Outlander? Roomier interior, but it doesn't get much more mediocre than the new Outlander.

yeah i'm not a huge fan either, liked the previous styling, but the wife likes it(not as much as the cx5 though) so it was all about the extra space (and being able to get a better rate and knock her payments down a decent chunk)

lol, my bad skipped right over that.

no sweat, i specifically wrote the title just like the other thread

I'll have to come back and answer this question later. Should just be another 6-8 years or so.

yeah i hear ya, i'm keeping my 5 for awhile

Last edited:
Little soon for this but the currently only thing I'd want to trade my '14 GT in on is another CX-5 with an updated interior, diesel engine, and/or a speed model with a 6MT that we can most likely file under things that will never happen. I'm happy I didn't buy the MT SUVOTY because the Mazda is more alligned with my driving style- ie. swift and brake averse going into corners:) It gets better mileage than the turbo forester- surely not as quick in a straight line but is just a better overall package for the enthusiastic driver IMO, inclusive of the 6MT premium. The latter I actually favored for value over the turbo due to its sheer underwhelming-ness from the CVT only with no more than gimmicky paddle "shifters" to the lousy seats and comfort suspension- half baked effort at best- bolt on turbo, add 18s and a 1/2 inch to the rotors and out you go!

PS Mazda: Let's quicken manual shift mode delay and get some real paddles going on the CX5er- please?

Last edited:
Back