awd or snow tires in Toronto???

FWD with snows is a good combo. The AWD will accelerate better and give much more capability getting up hills, especially in deeper snow and from a dig (starting on the hill). My choice is AWD and snows. So much confidence and capability.

That said snows on my MZ6 wagon made a huge difference.

Kekek awd and snows is a perfect combo of course. I didn't opt for the awd when I bought my cx5. I figure snow tires are sufficient. I don't do any off-roading and did just fine all my life without awd. I just feel it's not really necessary At the end of the day it all comes down to the driver. Having snow tires or 4x4 doesn't make anyone unstoppable. You still have to drive smart.

Had an X3 with snows so obvious choice for me was an AWD with snows again. Often drive out of city where snow amounts double and I trust the AWD with snow tires, along with safe driving as was mentionned above.

Rob I couldn't agree more. The driver and tires are the 2 biggest mods you can make to a car. I live in a very hilly area that gets snow, I also want to get to the mountains when it snows. Thus awd is more of a need.

Haven't driven this car in snow yet, but I would guess fwd with good snows will get you through a foot easy. May struggle in deeper snow or steeper hills. Just have to plan a little more and keep momentum going up.

Didn't we just have this thread?

Nonetheless..

That said snows on my MZ6 wagon made a huge difference.

I once managed to get a Mazda6 stuck in less than 2 inches of snow. My fault, I removed my winters too early that spring, and those all-seasons were pretty much at the end of their life, but damn. You know your tires aren't right for the conditions when the front wheels can't get enough traction to pull the rear wheels through 2 inches of snow.

Winter tires is a must
CX-5 handles brilliantly in the snow

Remember winter storm Nemo back in February? I had to drive from St. Catharines to Scarborough that morning, a regular trip that would've took 2 hours took 4. But I never got stuck once or had trouble controlling the car. But countless cars were stuck on the highway ramps and semi's/ HGV's were just spinning their wheels on the 401.

Back