Short Ram Intake for 2014 Mazda6

MazdaDL

:
2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
I see they have been re-posted on the Corksport website and are available for purchase. Have all the kinks been worked out? No check engine light issues? When will you be releasing a dyno chart? I'm really itching to buy one.

We made a small revision to the intake which covered the CEL which came up. I will see if I can get a dyno sheet from our engineers on the intake.

-Derrick

I have been waiting to pull the trigger on this too, looking forward to dyno results. Also i would be very interested in a heat shield that the mazda 3 has for this intake, to be made for the 6 also.

I harassed our engineer about it again, I will post when I have it.

Derrick

Well a few months back I got a revised intake for my CX-5 and it works fine. No CELs or less thank stock mpg. I also once asked about the box fitting the CX-5 but did not receive an answer.

No airboxes are available for the Cx5.

Very captivating sig btw.

i bought this intake and installed it on my 6, so far so good, no CELs, but i have a lurching problem when ever i come off a dead stop. i step on the gas, the car moves, and then it lurches/jerks in the middle of 1st gear, then it goes on revving normally till it smoothly goes into second. it doesn't do it in manual mode. i have put in 150 miles since i installed it

i unplugged the battery to reset the computers/ECU, reseated the MAF, vacuum line and tightened the clamps after i put in that 150 miles. the problem still exists. unplugging the battery resets the ECU right? also i know another person with the exact problem after 2 weeks and 500+ miles

i unplugged the battery to reset the computers/ECU, reseated the MAF, vacuum line and tightened the clamps after i put in that 150 miles. the problem still exists. unplugging the battery resets the ECU right? also i know another person with the exact problem after 2 weeks and 500+ miles

I saw the service ticket you entered in our system. It was passed to engineering and you should be hearing from them today.

-Derrick

i bought this intake and installed it on my 6, so far so good, no CELs, but i have a lurching problem when ever i come off a dead stop. i step on the gas, the car moves, and then it lurches/jerks in the middle of 1st gear, then it goes on revving normally till it smoothly goes into second. it doesn't do it in manual mode. i have put in 150 miles since i installed it
Actually.. that happens to my cx-5 under the same conditions, mid to high rpm first gear (usually manualy mode only). It happens with the stock intake too. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it's almost as if I'm relapsing and applying the gas pedal.

Here is the dyno sheet

CorkSport-2014-Mazda-6-Intake-Dyno.jpg

I take it the top lines were rolling in 4th and the bottom two in 2nd? So about 6hp at the crank?

I take it the top lines were rolling in 4th and the bottom two in 2nd? So about 6hp at the crank?

Those numbers are torque and HP, both in 4th gear. The red lines are stock and the green lines are with the intake.

-Derrick

Is Corksport going to replace anyone currently with the 1st Gen Short Ram after this prototype 2nd gen is put into production to fix the shaky 1st gear problems?

Latest posts

Back