What Color Calipers?

cjas22

:
CX-5 Sport
Hey guys! So here's my dilemma:

I have a Sky Blue Mica Cx-5 Sport. After getting it in January the calipers have started to show some noticeable signs of rust. To deal with this, I've decided to paint my calipers, but am torn between choosing red or yellow for the color. What do you think will look better, Yellow or Red?

Another thing to consider is that I'm debating powder coating my rims black in a few months and I want the color to look good with that color combo as well.

Thanks for your input it's appreciated.

- cj

If it's showing rust in less than a year, bring it back to the dealer for a warranty repair/replacement.

Its not bad rust that is unsightly. The silver is fading into a just color and its just been bothering me.

I did black g2 with white mazda lettering decals i got off ebay then used high temp gloss over top it all to protect the decals on my previous mazda3. Looked perfect when i sold the car. I really like black. Its subtle when parked but easily seen when driving.

2013-10-24_145211_zps1801004c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]I have BLUE!

I saw a CRV with a pair of those fake Brembo caliper covers. It is by far the funniest poser accessory I've seen in person.

I'd vote to paint them glossy black or silver. It'll be clean and shows you have pride in your car but not flashy. No yellow, it'll only show the dust more. Blue only if you can match the body color but we're talking factory brakes here. It's not a fancy setup that warrants the bling.

The calipers and caliper bracket should already be coated bright silver from factory. Which I think is fine, or black will do as well. I think painting these rinky dinky tiny brakes (especially behind 19" GT wheels) any assortment of color will make them look worse. Much like those douchebags painting their drum bright red or some obnoxiously unfitting color for something so insignificant.

Last edited:
If the callipers on the CX5 hold up the same as the first gen mazda 3's.. you'll end up repainting them after a few years.

Back