Rear bumper gaps normal?

fyi411

Hello folks,

Long story short, I've had my rear bumper taken on and off multiple times (maybe 6 or more) due to various accessory installation or repair work. I started noticing the gap between the rear bumper and the body was becoming more and more noticeable, with the bracket tabs increasingly visible.

At first I thought there was some early bumper sag going on due to fatigue in the mounting brackets, but I had a good body shop I trust take a look and actually replace the brackets (there some noticeable increased give on the originals) with OEM parts. However, the gap remains, and while there is basically little to no "give" between the rear bumper and body, I can still see the bracket tabs easily.

I took a quick visual survey of some CX-5's around my area, and the gap between the rear bumper and the body seems to run the gamut from almost flush with the body (on white colored CX-5's only for some reason) to gaps with somewhat visible bracket tabs.

I'm starting to wonder if the bumper or something else related was just re-installed incorrectly that might be leading to the gap/visible tabs I'm seeing.

Pic below (sorry for the poor quality, it has been raining non-stop the past few days):

Anyone else with a CX-5 have a easily noticeable gap with visible bracket tabs? Does this seem normal?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20130929_155129_943[1].jpg
    IMG_20130929_155129_943[1].jpg
    648.8 KB · Views: 200
Back