Air leak - driver side window

:
'14.5 CX-5 Touring AWD, Soul Red | '14 CX-5 Touring AWD White
I've discovered a air leak in my driver side window @10 o'clock position.

I care only because the hissing sound of air is driving me nuts. Apparently the seal does not hold properly.

I can pressure the area with my hand during driving and the hissing sound goes away.

Is there anything I can do before I take it to the dealer???

Maybe using some rubber conditioner such as Gummi-Pflege or Wurths on it might help, but if it's a problem in the seal then the dealer might be the only option.

You have a new car. Take it to the dealer and get it fixed properly. No need to do something on your own that likely won't be as good as the real thing. Wait until the warranty expires to do that. :)

So I went to the dealer with this and driver side mirror shake at speeds...

I was told that:
1. Air leak problem could not be reproduced and the rubber seal looks OK. Mazda has nothing about it.
2. Mirror does not shake worse than other's - not a problem.

I was told that there is nothing than can be done about the air leak. Service guy "advised" that I might try remedy this myslef by taping over the seal with some sort of tape.

They would not of course do it as this is 'ghetto' solution that I might want to try myself.

I wonder if Mazda knows what kind of people work for them???

I was told that:
1. Air leak problem could not be reproduced and the rubber seal looks OK. Mazda has nothing about it.

I was told that there is nothing than can be done about the air leak. Service guy "advised" that I might try remedy this myslef by taping over the seal with some sort of tape.

They would not of course do it as this is 'ghetto' solution that I might want to try myself.

That's what the corporate Mazda line is for. ...Of course, they'll just tell you it was designed to leak and vibrate.

I was told that:

Go talk with the service manager.

I have both of those issues as well.
They have already tried replacing my mirror and it didn't make much of a difference.
I'm taking the car in for the third time tomorrow.

Funny enough I didn't have the air leak issue until they "fixed" my driver side window.

I'd assume that the air leak could be fixed by replacing the seal which seems like 30min. job really.

Why don't they want to cooperate and help people? Instead, they always make excuses of 'could not reproduce' type.

The constant whistling noise which happen to be right by my left ear is really annoying.

Does it sound like a whistling noise? I've actually found it comes from the body colored cap on the mirror itself. It seems like sometimes it separates from the mirror just a bit and causes the noise. A quick push on it closes the gap and stops the noise.

Does it sound like a whistling noise? I've actually found it comes from the body colored cap on the mirror itself. It seems like sometimes it separates from the mirror just a bit and causes the noise. A quick push on it closes the gap and stops the noise.

Mine comes exactly from the upper left corner of the driver side window. It comes from between the seal and body part.

Has anyone else experienced this? Has it been fixed? I have wind noise from the upper left corner of the door/window, however, pressing on it while driving makes no difference.

Back