NEW to Forum: Soon to be a CX5 Owner

CELESTAR

:
2013 Mazda CX 5 Diesel
Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum. I reside in Taiwan and currently owned a 2009 Mazda 6 in metallic cherry color.
I had just placed a order for a CX5 2.2 Diesel, after getting a reasonable offer from Mazda Sales.
The delivery of the diesel version was very much in high demand. I was told that I will not be expecting my vehicle in at least 3 months, will see if that happen sooner?!

I read that Diesel version of New Mazda 6 bound for USA was delayed till April next year. It speaks a lot of the high demand Mazda is experiencing, a pleasant position to be in, indeed.

In Taiwan, we get CX5 a year ago with very limited quantity and local Mazda charged a premium with little discount. One year later, they relaunched the CX5 product, now with a low bargain price 2WD petrol, a 4WD Petrol 2.0 (at 4000USD off the orignial price exclude discount) and finally a diesel! This will be the first Japanese Diesel in Taiwan for consumer car excluding commercial vehicles. We have tons of offerings from Audi/VW/BMW/Mercedes/Volvo on diesel cars.

I am very attracted to the vehicle dynamic of the CX5, it seems very stable to cope with undesirable road condition in Taiwan. The 2.0 engine was a disappoint, despite the fact that it is economical lack the power to accelerate. I was told that the diesel in Mazda, aside from being quieter, has a little different character than the European, in the sense, that the initial pick up is not that impressive but torque and power gradually picking up as you accelerate. I can't wait to try to test car in early October.

Thanks all. Looking forward to learn more on this forum and share.

I read somewhere that CX-5 in Taiwan has domestic installed 8' infotainment screen, should be nicer and more functional than the factory installed 5.8' version.

Back