Hood Fixed but Still Bounces...suggestions?

NancyS

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring
I have a '14 Touring that has had hood vibration/bounce since day one. Took in 2 wks after purchase & hood bumpers adjusted & mirror deemed "within specs". Blah! Long story short...dealership finally determined my hood would be fixed under '13 TSB. HAPPY!! VIBRATION GONE!! However, I go over bumps and it still bounces. No vibrations or flexing like before but actual bounce over bumps. I have adjusted bumpers to be as in TSB, higher, lower, you name it and it still does it. Driving me nuts!! Minor issue, I know, but it's at eye level so I see it every time I drive. Any other suggestions? Not going back to dealer...yet ;) Thanks!!

Check the bolts that hold the hood hinge and make sure they are not loose. Weird, I had a 2013 Sport and now have a 2014 Touring and my hood never moved on either of them.

Thanks! I did that and all is as should be. Unfortunately, guess it's something I have to deal with. Very disappointing! Told myself I would never buy another 1st model...give it a few years to get rid of all the growing pains. Frustrating!

Back