New CX-5 Rival?

Sexy!! It sure looks pretty similar...but at $46,000 it can't really be called a direct competitor to the CX-5.

That's only 29400 near enough. Probably dearer for the UK model ?

I paid 26400 for my CX-5 with the flaps, mats, and liner.
And my CX-5 is made from steel.

The CX-5 Auto is dearer still.

While the top model CRV is listed at around 31K.

That's only 29400 near enough. Probably dearer for the UK model ?

I paid 26400 for my CX-5 with the flaps, mats, and liner.
And my CX-5 is made from steel.

The CX-5 Auto is dearer still.

While the top model CRV is listed at around 31K.
hmm...I guess the market is quite different in the UK.

Here in the US, I paid around $27,000 for the Touring with automatic, AWD, Bose and moonroof, so the $46,000 is quite a jump from there.

Yes we pay over the odds in the UK, even Europe pays less.

That's pretty tight looking. If only that was a CX-9 redesign and not a 45k Jag lol.

I was coming in here expecting to see the new 2014 Rogue: http://www.nissanusa.com/crossovers/2014-rogue/

I'm actually very impressed by the pictures so far.

20-Nissan-X-trail_2667027b.jpg

PH-910009980.jpg&Maxw=625

We don't have the Rouge in the uk.

But I have to say that car looks good, makes the CX-5 dated inside and out.

The nav is familiar to me in a slightly different form, the back button was regularly used along with the day/night button.

Problem is the cashcow in the UK is the nearest to it and doesn't come with a engine with a decent power output, it isn't a very good towcar which is what I look for.

Love the interior in the Rogue. I think it's what the US market gets instead of the Qashqai

Looks alot more akin to the Range Rover Evoque. I would wager that is more of its target market.

Strange really as they will be in competition with themselves, being they are the same company that makes the Evoque and in the same town (Solihull)

The nav is familiar to me in a slightly different form, the back button was regularly used along with the day/night button.

Problem is the cashcow in the UK is the nearest to it and doesn't come with a engine with a decent power output, it isn't a very good towcar which is what I look for.

The rogue in the States looks like the Qashqai over here. Take a look at this link Qasqai 2014 Looks the almost same as the images posted above

Alex

We do/will have the "Rogue" in the UK except its called the XTrail. (yippy)(yippy)

Have just been looking at pictures of the new 2014 XTrail and believe me, they are identical, nice to see Nissan getting some good designs out there.....

Rogue and Quasqai are the same platform underneath, with difference engines, and styling for the relevant markets,

The X-Trail is more boxy, and the nameplate predates the Rogue/Qashqai,

New Rogue in US market will have 3rd row seat (2kids sizing), unusual in this class.

Yes, I use an app linked to netcarshow.com which does show both the cars as a separate range but..... I defy you (in the nicest possible way) to tell any differences other than wheel trims. Same design, same dashboard, same centre console, same lights front and rear and both models will have a 3rd row of seats as an option.

Apparently the XTrail will be built at 9 plants worldwide and the Rogue in Tennessee.

And the icing on the cake is this extract from the above website

<< Rogue is one of a family of new Nissan global compact crossovers, along with the European version, called the Nissan X-Trail.>>

Back