245/45-20 or 255/45-20 ???

CX-FIVE

Who has real world experience with either of these combinations?

Is a 255 too wide for a CX5? Performance issues, ride quality etc? I notice the SEMA cars and a number of others on the web seem to have adopted this profile.

Would the 5mm sidewall reduction make a noticeable difference in the 245 compared to the 255?

I know "Chris_Top_Her" has the 255/45/20 combo. How do you find it? Would you buy the same combo again?

(note: I have the H&R springs installed also).

Who has real world experience with either of these combinations?

Is a 255 too wide for a CX5? Performance issues, ride quality etc? I notice the SEMA cars and a number of others on the web seem to have adopted this profile.

Would the 5mm sidewall reduction make a noticeable difference in the 245 compared to the 255?

I know "Chris_Top_Her" has the 255/45/20 combo. How do you find it? Would you buy the same combo again?

(note: I have the H&R springs installed also).

Oh hi. I love it, I can take sharps highway turns and still feel sure footed, my handling has increased greatly, I can take certain sharp highway curves about 20mp faster than stock without feeling like I'm gonna lose it. I can do controlled slides up to about 45-50 mph on curves (eg "J" style onramps) depending on the road surface, in manual mode of course with tcm off. I only rub at full deflection (there is a really small "clean" spot on the fender that I noticed while under car, the only way I knew I was rubbing) and it's extremely minor, on the fender liner and rare since I rarely full deflect (and it's always at low speed like a u turn or something). My mpgs when going lower highway speeds of 60-68 are about on par with what I get with the stock tire (which is fine because if I need to conserve fuel I can easily), however once I start going faster my mpg is less than I would get at stock by 2 or so. I rarely am concerned about my mpg because my driving is mainly low mpg style. I am driving a 2.0 though (AWD at that), it probably wont make as much of a difference If you're in the 2.5.

Back