How to add audible chirp to confirm locking of doors

jcolmn

I don't know how to do this, but wonder if anyone else does.

I often lock the doors while walking away from the car, but without any audible noise, I am stuck locking again to hear the horn beep, which is too loud.

Any ideas?

Just glance at the lights as you push the lock button as they always flash.

Actually, if you click the lock button a second time, the horn beeps to indicate locking is done and alarm activated.

Dan D

You can set it to chirp in your vehicle settings on the infotainment system.

However, mine stopped working not long after I got it. Mazda keeps making excuses not to look at it and blames me.

My 2014 Touring, even in the manual, it says to push it twice for the Horn to go off, and that confirms all doors are closed properly and locked.

Not sure about the original poster's car, but mine "chirps" once on locking, and twice on unlocking. I think the manual calls it "answer-back" and its a feature of the advanced keyless entry system - it can be changed from the head-unit settings (when parked.) According to the manual, the default volume setting is "medium", and it can be changed to "off", "low", or "high."

You can set it to chirp in your vehicle settings on the infotainment system.

However, mine stopped working not long after I got it. Mazda keeps making excuses not to look at it and blames me.

Believe that setting is only available with the 'advanced keyless entry' feature that is part of the GT Tech Package. But our 'lesser' CX-5's ;) still get the horn beep when - as I and others have pointed out - you click the lock button twice....

Dan D

Back