Poll Updated - Driver's side mirror vibration fixed?

Updated driver's side vibration fixed.

• Completely fixed

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Fixed but still vibrates

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Fixed byt same or worse than before

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fixed but no change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fixed but the vibration is back again.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Never had any mirror vibrations.

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • spare

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
:
CX-5, fwd auto
I have re-done this poll with 6 possible answers as I could not change the original poll. Please see below.

I would like to have a poll if the driver's side mirror vibration has been fixes have the dealer has performed TSB.

1) Completely fixed. (after TSB applied for mirror vibrations)
2) Fixed but still vibrates a little. (Better than before)
3) Fixed but same or worse than before.
4) Fixed but no change from before.
5) Fixed but the vibration came back again.
6) Never had any mirror vibrations.
7) Spare

Thank you

option 7) vibrates a little but not enough for me to want them to tear that far into the car. I'm afraid I'd end up with rattles and squeaks from the door panel and possibly skuff marks then I'd have the hassle of having them fix or replace more stuff.

Does this mean there are not many cars with this problem or people have not taken their car to fix this due to low responses?

Does this mean there are not many cars with this problem or people have not taken their car to fix this due to low responses?
It looks like a few owner's with unusual vibration are making a molehill look like a mountain.

Spare. If I would not have read this forum, I would not have noticed. Comparing the passenger and driver sides, I do see a difference, but it is so minor I don't notice if I am not specifically looking for it. I won't risk anyone ripping into my door for this.

I don't try to read things in my side mirrors so it isn't much of an issue. I can easily make out what is there and where it is in a quick glance. It just isn't something I think about.
Would it be great if it didn't vibrate? Sure but it just isn't worth scheduling my day around dropping the car off and then getting to work and back to the dealer and hoping they didn't mess up anything else while they were in there. Especially since the way the mirror is designed to be used at speeds where it vibrates I don't look at it long enough to really notice.

I had the hood fixed because I was worried that it bouncing might put stresses on the mounting spots over time due to the movement. I didn't want to be at 175,000 miles and have something break because I didn't have them re-glue it early on.

Spare. If I would not have read this forum, I would not have noticed. Comparing the passenger and driver sides, I do see a difference, but it is so minor I don't notice if I am not specifically looking for it. I won't risk anyone ripping into my door for this.

And that has to be a nightmare for manufactures. It is great that we can find so many tips on things on here but I see it so often where problems mushroom out because once someone points it out then many more notice it.

Last edited:
And that has to be a nightmare for manufactures. It is great that we can find so many tips on things on here but I see it so often where problems mushroom out because once someone points it out then many more notice it.

Excellent point. I'm sure the recent phenomenon of consumers demanding perfection is a significant part of the cost of a new car. Previously, if the car got you where you were going, and the brakes, radio and wipers worked normally, the car was good to go.

In the 1960's-1970's, Ducati motorcycles were notorious for having small insects embedded in the tank paint (sometimes even a housefly). But people accepted it as normal and were just glad to have such a fine machine (even if it had a few small cosmetic flaws). Plenty of moto-enthusiasts put up with this because the bikes rode so fine. Now, a tiny speck in the clear coat is enough to create discontent.

Back