New Owner - Door Locks not auto locking.

netburns

:
2010 CX-9 Sport
I am a new owner 2010 CX-9 Sport, and the doors do not automatically lock when you shift in to gear or drive the car. Is this something that can be changed? If so how? I have looked thru the owners manual and can not find anything about this.

Also when the low fuel light comes on is it suppose to beep?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

I am a new owner 2010 CX-9 Sport, and the doors do not automatically lock when you shift in to gear or drive the car. Is this something that can be changed? If so how? I have looked thru the owners manual and can not find anything about this.

Also when the low fuel light comes on is it suppose to beep?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

By default, the auto-lock feature should lock all doors at 12mph and unlock them when the ignition is switched off. I chose to deactivate the feature on my 2012 and Im sure that is what was done to your 2010.

Here are the procedures to reactivate the feature AND the choices of how you want it to behave-

You use the drivers side door lock button to make the changes.

With all door closed, switch the ignition ON.

Press and Hold the lock side of the door lock button on the drivers door within 10 seconds of turning the ignition ON. (You will hear a BEEP sound within 8 seconds if you do this step properly)

Next you will press Unlock side of the button between 1 and 5 times depending on the behavior you choose from the list below.

1- Auto-lock function is DISABLED.

2- All doors and liftgate will lock automatically at 12mph.

3- All doors and liftgate will lock automatically at 12mph, then unlock when the ignition is turned OFF.

4- When the ignition is switched ON and shifter is moved out of PARK position, all doors and liftgate automatically lock.

5- Same as 4, then when shifter is moved back to PARK, all doors will unlock.

Three seconds after you have pressed the Unlock button the desired number of times, you will hear a BEEP to confirm that the new setting has been accepted.

At any point in the process, you can CANCEL and start over by pressing the LOCK side of the button on the drivers door!

It takes less than 60 seconds to do it.let us know if this works!

Back