Corksport Power Series Exhaust BJ Protege

ffocused.

Lowtege
:
2002 Sunlight Silver Protege ES
Been looking into this exhaust just curious about hi-flow cat vs. no cat. If going with the no cat option is the stock cat replaced by straight pipe? Will I need to worry about any CEL issues?

Thanks.

You will need an o2 simulater if you go with the no cat option so you don't throw a code

Hi-flow can still throw a CEL (though not typically on proteges). If you don't have emissions testing I would go catless and get a $3 non-fouler to space the rear 02 sensor. P5s need all the power they can get.

Hi-flow can still throw a CEL (though not typically on proteges). If you don't have emissions testing I would go catless and get a $3 non-fouler to space the rear 02 sensor. P5s need all the power they can get.

+1 on this statement.

@ffocused. You have it correct. CEL only with no high-flow, and usually an O2 spacer fixes that.

Ok cool. Where would this o2 spacer go? Is there a spot on the new piping? Sorry kinda new to exhausts.

there's an o2 bung welded in where your existing o2 is. The spacer/non-fouler/simulatar whatever you want to call it will be put in there first then your o2 sensor and no CEL.

Back